Author Topic: vz58/vortex sparc reddot  (Read 8680 times)

Offline cz671

vz58/vortex sparc reddot
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:59 AM »
decided to try out my sparc red dot on the vz, actually was on my ar15.  decided to try i out on a bigger caliber round.  got to only shoot 50 yards, but will eventually shoot for 100 yards. some pics and range results

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: vz58/vortex sparc reddot
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
Nice shooting, that Vortex work pretty good for you? Like the pic with the red light reflected in the front sight post. :)

Offline cz671

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
thanks armoredman, it works very well.  my only gripe is that it does not co-witness.  another forum member tried the sparc with the NEA mount and still does not co-witness.  as for the front sight post, its some kind of red glue to hold the post from moving, it came like tht from cz-usa.   will try 100 yards tomorrow.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:29:40 PM »
Oh, that's interesting looked like blurred reflection. :) I never got my EOTech to co-witness, either, too bulky.

Offline cz671

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:50:08 PM »
heres 100 yards from yesterday, 10 shots each.  the tape as a reference at 100 yards is covered by the 2moa dot with the 2x magnifier
as you can see, head shot shows nice group of 4, then decided to do a rainbow effect ha,ha, shooter.  124 fmj wolf

then let it cool down with better results, on center mass.  123gr bear

all in all descent groupings from a vz, i think with a more solid handguard would yield better results.  i know for a fact that the CAA hanguards are not solid as compared to the FAB ones. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »
Very nice - I need a shooting rest, I just brace the elbows on the bench and fire. When circumstances permit, I'll get my vz back out with irons to see how well I can do now.

Offline eth77

• 97B
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 09:59:53 AM »
I mentioned on another thread that I replaced the upper handguard retention pin with a SS socket head cap screw. Re-zero is not a problem, and the sight doesn't wobble either. This is with the CAA upper guard. I used SS washers to limit damage and spread the force on the handguard. No visible damage after 400+ rounds.

I would love to have the B&T furniture, but it's just too expensive. I'll just have to tolerate maintenance with an allen wrench and socket.
Liberty, it starts with self ownership. You own you. Everyone owns themself. The essence of freedom and liberty is to allow everyone to pursue THEIR idea of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness. In doing so, they may not violate your right to the same goals. Thus All crime is property crime.

Offline cz671

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »
thanks amo, i know a vz on a rest :( but was shooting my bolt guns that day and decided to use it since it was out already.  shooting without a rest is more of a challenge.
thanks eth77, i do remember on another thread.  i know the B&T is pricey, but decided to take the plunge and get one from the mako group, sure looks like the B&T but not really sure
not my vz, but this is how the vfr vz handguards look

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 11:26:26 PM »
That's nice.  8)  Why not use a rest? I wish I had one, would take most of the guesswork out of my long range loads. :)

anything