Author Topic: What holsters fit the P-01?  (Read 97830 times)

Offline CZ Taji

Re: What holsters fit the P-01?
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
I am having excellent luck with the Galco Cop 3 Slot w/thumb break.  Have been using it for over a year - I think I finally found "the one" that works best for me for OWB carry of the P-01.  It is Model CTS250B, originally for the SIG P228/229 and Taurus 24/7.  Break-in was a bit extended but now draws smooth - I kept the pistol in a dress sock inside of a ziplock for a week to begin the process... I hope this is of help.

Available from multiple vendors - for example see   <http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-cop-3-slot-holsters.html> 

Cheers!

can you explain the dress sock inside of the ziplock, i haven't the faintest clue. :( thx.

If you're not living off the land to sustain yourself then you are like most of us on this planet!  We need each other in one fashion or another. Might as well make the best of it !

Offline CZ Taji

holsters recommendations for the CZ 75 Compact SDP
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2015, 01:26:18 PM »
hI FOLKS,
   Yes, i realise the PO1 is the same basic gun and the Compact SDP version should fit.
with that said has anyone with a SDP, noticed a particular holster that would suit a big guy for OWB
carry ?

I'm like 5/8" 250 and i need to have a thumb break  type holster because of state law for concealed carry.
I'm all about the comfort, and also i'd like the holster to not ruin the finish of my gun . i rather spend for a durable quality holster for obvious reasons; but function rules regardless of price imho.

i need the same type for my 2nd gen. PO7 too.

what do you big guys prefer for holster placement  3, 4, 5 o'clock or something else. Please tell me why too. btw I'm right handed 

anything that I'm missing on the issue feel free to school the newb, and that goes forever. thx. in advance folks.
If you're not living off the land to sustain yourself then you are like most of us on this planet!  We need each other in one fashion or another. Might as well make the best of it !

Offline AMM

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2015, 03:52:35 PM »
can you explain the dress sock inside of the ziplock, i haven't the faintest clue. :( thx.

Sure!  Some holster makers recommend that break-in for a new holster that is tight can be accelerated a bit by placing the UNLOADED pistol in a ziplock, and then leaving it inserted in the holster for a period of a few days.  The Galco I recommended started out very tight and hard to draw, so I first placed the pistol in the thin dress sock, and then placed the ziplock over that. The idea is to provide a bit of controlled stretching of the holster so that it would draw consistently and not be too tight.

I hope this helps clarify, please let me know if further explanation or pictures would be helpful.

Cheers
P01s; 452 Trainer; 527FS 5.56; 550FS 6.5x55; CZ 1911A1

Offline CZ Taji

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »
Thanks AMM,
  makes sense to me now. i appreciate the reply especially since i understood it lol.

Offline Caper

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »
Forgive me if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but has anyone tried Eric Larsen, owner of H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks.  He specializes in concealed carry and CZ holsters.  All custom.  Just got one for my SP-01.  The craftsmanship is superb.  Give him a call at 1 (801) 916-9248.

Offline hrdguera

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »
I use a Galco Jak-Slide for almost every pistol I have.
Almost, because there are few where the pistol hammer or something else bothers my "Spare Tire" just a bit.

Offline DamnYankee

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »
Blackdog Concealment makes a nice OWB for the P01.

Offline bobandmikako

P-01 fits Kramer IWB for Sig P229R
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2015, 09:41:11 AM »
My P-01 fits nearly perfectly in a Kramer #3 IWB made for the Sig P229R.  It fits so well that I've decided to just use it instead of buying another holster for it.  Retention seems just about the same as using the holster with the P229R for which it's made.  I can hold it upside down and it won't fall out but it comes out very smoothly on the draw.  It's not an exact fit, obviously, but it works just fine.

Offline SR22PSHOOTER

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
I really like my CnC Holster:

CZ 75 P-01

Offline crand16

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2016, 03:19:24 PM »
Cool how the holster pattern and grips match on the CNC holster!

Offline Low@xis

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2016, 07:23:55 PM »
The P01 fits nicely w/o light in the K-Rounds #2036.
Also, the P01 w/TLR-1 or TLR-1 HL fits nicely in the K-Rounds #2640

I have both and use them both in above mentioned configurations, for Glock 19 G4 and CZ75 P-01
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:27:23 PM by Low@xis »

Offline CPTKILLER

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »
I mentioned in the Holster Section that I now have an excellent El Paso Saddlery 1942 "Tanker" Holster.  For secure Open Carry, it is hard to beat. It was made to fit my CZ PO1 and the fit, form, and function is perfect.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-154-14-1942-tanker-holster-3-to-5-barrels.aspx

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2016, 11:08:44 PM »
Do you guys think the new Omega will be a tough fit for normal P-01 holsters because of the ambi safety?

Offline montigre

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »
I am curious to find out which OWB holsters should fit the new Omega P-01 convertibles with the raised suppressor sights.  I just purchased the gun yesterday and have found many holsters online for the standard P-01, but none specifically that will accommodate the suppressor sights.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Offline inspectagadget

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »
I really like the Vedder Holsters. They are EXTREMELY comfortable.