Author Topic: Kadet Magazine loader-The complete UpLula-K Mod Pic-Tutorial is posted here  (Read 125888 times)

Offline ViperM

Maglula also sells a loader that works on the Kadet mags.  It has a thinner metal piece like the modded one here.
https://www.maglula.com/product/22uplula-22lr-double-stack-mag-loader

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Maglula also sells a loader that works on the Kadet mags.  It has a thinner metal piece like the modded one here.
Yes, the MagLULA 22UpLULA will load the KADET Mags, but it is for Rimfire sized Rounds ONLY
Its "Limiter" WILL NOT allow this Loader to load Centerfire Rounds

MagLULA has offered their 22UpLULA for quite some time now (Dec of 2012)
But as I stated (in the post just before yours) it is for Rimfire Rounds ONLY ! ! !
The point of this Mod, is to take your standard (9mm - 45) UpLULA and modify IT, so that ONE Loader will load most any (Pistol sized) Magazine, Single or Double Stack, (most) any Caliber, .17 (I call it .22) thru .45
One Loader, not two or three
I have always found it funny, that MagLULA poked fun at HKS because you need several of their (HKS) Loaders to load most all of the popular Pistol Magazines one would own
To MagLULA, "Up" basically stood for "Universal Pistol"
Well, that "Up" has turned into three (actually five) different Loaders
Kinda ironic ! ! !
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline ViperM

Yes, the MagLULA 22UpLULA will load the KADET Mags, but it is for Rimfire sized Rounds ONLY
Its "Limiter" WILL NOT allow this Loader to load Centerfire Rounds

MagLULA has offered their 22UpLULA for quite some time now (Dec of 2012)
But as I stated (in the post just before yours) it is for Rimfire Rounds ONLY ! ! !
The point of this Mod, is to take your standard (9mm - 45) UpLULA and modify IT, so that ONE Loader will load most any (Pistol sized) Magazine, Single or Double Stack, (most) any Caliber, .17 (I call it .22) thru .45
One Loader, not two or three
I have always found it funny, that MagLULA poked fun at HKS because you need several of their (HKS) Loaders to load most all of the popular Pistol Magazines one would own
To MagLULA, "Up" basically stood for "Universal Pistol"
Well, that "Up" has turned into three (actually five) different Loaders
Kinda ironic ! ! !
The one I posted will work on any double stack mag and will also work on single stack mags with the adaptor plate.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Viper:
Sir, you have obviously missed the point
The 22UpLULA, is just that .... for RIMFIRE ROUNDS ONLY .... in Single and / or Double Stack Magazines
I never once said it didn't load Single or Double Stack Mags .... EVER ! ! !
The Mod I've post here is to convert a "Standard" 9mm - 45acp UpLULA into a Mag Loader that is (all but) truly "Universal"
i.e. .22 thru .45, Single and Double Stack Magazine
AND, if you add the 1911AI Aligner Insert, or the "adaptor plate" as you call it, it will make loading the Ruger Mk Series, Woodsman and Buckmark Mag possible .... one Loader, not two or three
Trust me, the only people that know more about the MagLULA Line of UpLULA Loaders than I do, is the Tal Family !
I've been modding their Standard (9mm - 45acp) UpLULA to load KADET Magazines since before MagLULA offered their BabyUpLULA, let alone the 22UpLULA
But hey .... thanks for your input .... no matter how misguided
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline ViperM

Wow, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.  But not everyone has a maglula already. The one I posted would work for people buying one for the first time.  Why buy the original one to modify it if you can buy the new one that is already to go? I lm sorry it doesn't make any sense to you and it went way over your head. 

Offline cntrydawwwg

Wow, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.  But not everyone has a maglula already. The one I posted would work for people buying one for the first time.  Why buy the original one to modify it if you can buy the new one that is already to go? I lm sorry it doesn't make any sense to you and it went way over your head. 

Viper, Den’s panties aren’t in a bunch.  I think there’s a misunderstanding that you are taking to the next level.     

He’s trying to get you to see that the one you posted a link to, will only work for .22. Single stack and double stack.
    He’s posted this tutorial for free, …..( He also sells these modified or will modify yours for a small fee)…….
 To show people a way to buy the original to modify to do .22, .380, .9mm, .45 single and double stack mags.
     That’s what he’s trying to get you to understand. That’s why a person would modify the original, instead of the one you posted to
    If all a person has is .22’s then by all means buy a loader that only works for .22. But a lot of us shoot multiple calibers.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?

Sorry, I guess it never dawned on me that you would only own a (complete) KADET and not a CZ75 Variant in 9mm or 40S&W with a KADET Conversion or any Centerfire Semi Auto Pistol for that matter .... or ever consider buying something other than your lone KADET and/or some other 22 Pistol .... kinda sad really !
Yeah, in that case, you would only need the 22UpLULA, since 22s are the ONLY Magazines you will EVER load
If you don't want one that will load .22 thru .45, don't buy and/or mod one !
As for going "way over my head" .... I'll say it again: The only people that know more about the UpLULA Line of MagLULA Loaders than I do, is the Tal Family !
Oh, and fyi, the Tal Family they ARE MagLULA .... would you like Guy Tal's personal e-mail ?
By the way, if you had taken the time to read this entire Thread (prior to your highly informative Post) you would have seen a few things:
1) This is my Thread .... I am the OP and as far as I'm concerned, you are way out of line with 90% of your comments
2) This Thread was posted as a "PSA" for and by request of the DIYers here on the Forum .... OH, did you happen to notice, this Thread has over 700 thousand views ?
3) The 22UpLULA has been discussed several times in the past, and given that, your comments are late, and so, irrelevant
Thanks again for your input

And what's it to you if I happen to like my "panties" in a bunch   :o

Viper, Den’s panties aren’t in a bunch.  I think there’s a misunderstanding that you are taking to the next level.     

He’s trying to get you to see that the one you posted a link to, will only work for .22. Single stack and double stack.
    He’s posted this tutorial for free, …..( He also sells these modified or will modify yours for a small fee)…….
 To show people a way to buy the original to modify to do .22, .380, .9mm, .45 single and double stack mags.
     That’s what he’s trying to get you to understand. That’s why a person would modify the original, instead of the one you posted to
    If all a person has is .22’s then by all means buy a loader that only works for .22. But a lot of us shoot multiple calibers.
Thanks for that CD   ;)

Offline cntrydawwwg

Whoops, forgot about .40 S&W!
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline ViperM

I think I understand now, what I suggested would take away from his business of modding them for people.  I'm sorry Den.

I've been using my 22uplula for loaded all mags including and up to .45 acp.  It works fine and I haven't had any issue.  I just though people would like to know that. 

I also never said that you said it didn't do single nor double stack mags.  You were just so upset at my suggestion that you ASSUMED I accused you of that.

I thought we were here to share information, not try to shut people down for having a different suggestion.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Knock it off kids, or I'll get out my pruning shears! Thank you!
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?

I think I understand now, what I suggested would take away from his business of modding them for people.  I'm sorry Den
FYI .... With the cost of Supplies and Postage, I profet less than $1.00 on the mods I do for others

Did you cut off the Tab to allow the Yoke to open enough to accommodated the larger Centerfire Rounds ?

Offline ViperM

I think I understand now, what I suggested would take away from his business of modding them for people.  I'm sorry Den
FYI .... With the cost of Supplies and Postage, I profet less than $1.00 on the mods I do for others

Did you cut off the Tab to allow the Yoke to open enough to accommodated the larger Centerfire Rounds ?
If you are talking about the gray tab, yes.  That's all I had to cut off to make it work.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
If you are talking about the gray tab, yes.  That's all I had to cut off to make it work.

Yeah, that works
I addressed that in another thread sometime back:
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=52512.msg323291#msg323291
I also found, that given the shorter "Beak" on the 22UpLULA, with some Magazine (mainly their shorter Feedlips) and certain longer Ammo; like 10mm, 45acp and 38 super, the previously loaded Round would (sometimes) pivot around the short Beak, past the short Feedlips and flip back at me !
Not always, just on some Mag / Ammo combos I tested

Other than the added money MagLULA makes by selling multiple Loader, it never made sense "WHY" they didn't just take what they already had (their standard 9mm - 45acp UpLULA), put a narrow Beak on it and sell one, true "UP"LULA, and put me out of the game for good !