Author Topic: What holsters fit the CZ 82/83?  (Read 97404 times)

Offline BeoBill

Re: What holsters fit the CZ 82/83?
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2019, 02:07:17 PM »
I also bought one a little while ago, and that's exactly how I carry.

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
Do you carry cocked and locked, if so, does the safety strap work with the hammer back?

I do not carry this one cocked and locked.  This holster would be quite awkward to carry it that way.  I cannot recommend it for Condition 1 carry.  I can recommend it for an awesome looking OC.

By "awkward" I infer you believe it's possible.  If possible can you show a photo of the pistol holstered that way?  What makes it awkward?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak Peoples' Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2019, 05:30:39 PM »
Possible yes,  the strap gets in the way of the draw.  I’ll take a pic later when home.  Didn’t take the bike today so don’t have this one on. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »

Pics cocked and locked as requested.  Just doesn’t sit right, but certainly doable.  I tried the draw, and it really wasn’t bad.  I still don’t think this is the holster for that, but it could be modified to be so.  Sorry about the delay, my wife met me with a drink when I got home yesterday, and I don’t handle the guns while drinking as a rule. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
It looks like you could slide the retention strap forward a little to clear the hammer. I agree, it does look "awkward."

Offline JHP147

« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »

Pics cocked and locked as requested.  Just doesn’t sit right, but certainly doable.  I tried the draw, and it really wasn’t bad.  I still don’t think this is the holster for that, but it could be modified to be so.  Sorry about the delay, my wife met me with a drink when I got home yesterday, and I don’t handle the guns while drinking as a rule. 

Thanks for the pics.  I've been looking for a leather holster with thumb break -- I don't want to end up like the dancing FBI agent from a year ago (not that I dance or am an FBI agent).  The CZ 82 is not drop safe so the retention strap makes sense.  Your rig seems like the closest match to my goals.  I guess I should just go out and buy the holster and figure out if the awkwardness you note is worth the hassle. 

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
[/quote]
Thanks for the pics.  I've been looking for a leather holster with thumb break -- I don't want to end up like the dancing FBI agent from a year ago (not that I dance or am an FBI agent).  The CZ 82 is not drop safe so the retention strap makes sense.  Your rig seems like the closest match to my goals.  I guess I should just go out and buy the holster and figure out if the awkwardness you note is worth the hassle.
[/quote]

You know the 82 has been described here as having the best DA trigger by a lot of people.  I’m happy carrying DA/SA. 

I don’t like the retention cocked and locked.  It wants the trigger down to keep the gun from moving around in the holster.  But I carry riding, so I’m pickier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk