Author Topic: What holsters fit the CZ 82/83?  (Read 188432 times)

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
Re: What holsters fit the CZ 82/83?
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
Do you carry cocked and locked, if so, does the safety strap work with the hammer back?

I do not carry this one cocked and locked.  This holster would be quite awkward to carry it that way.  I cannot recommend it for Condition 1 carry.  I can recommend it for an awesome looking OC.

By "awkward" I infer you believe it's possible.  If possible can you show a photo of the pistol holstered that way?  What makes it awkward?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2019, 05:30:39 PM »
Possible yes,  the strap gets in the way of the draw.  I’ll take a pic later when home.  Didn’t take the bike today so don’t have this one on. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »

Pics cocked and locked as requested.  Just doesn’t sit right, but certainly doable.  I tried the draw, and it really wasn’t bad.  I still don’t think this is the holster for that, but it could be modified to be so.  Sorry about the delay, my wife met me with a drink when I got home yesterday, and I don’t handle the guns while drinking as a rule. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
It looks like you could slide the retention strap forward a little to clear the hammer. I agree, it does look "awkward."

JHP147

« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »

Pics cocked and locked as requested.  Just doesn’t sit right, but certainly doable.  I tried the draw, and it really wasn’t bad.  I still don’t think this is the holster for that, but it could be modified to be so.  Sorry about the delay, my wife met me with a drink when I got home yesterday, and I don’t handle the guns while drinking as a rule. 

Thanks for the pics.  I've been looking for a leather holster with thumb break -- I don't want to end up like the dancing FBI agent from a year ago (not that I dance or am an FBI agent).  The CZ 82 is not drop safe so the retention strap makes sense.  Your rig seems like the closest match to my goals.  I guess I should just go out and buy the holster and figure out if the awkwardness you note is worth the hassle. 

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
[/quote]
Thanks for the pics.  I've been looking for a leather holster with thumb break -- I don't want to end up like the dancing FBI agent from a year ago (not that I dance or am an FBI agent).  The CZ 82 is not drop safe so the retention strap makes sense.  Your rig seems like the closest match to my goals.  I guess I should just go out and buy the holster and figure out if the awkwardness you note is worth the hassle.
[/quote]

You know the 82 has been described here as having the best DA trigger by a lot of people.  I’m happy carrying DA/SA. 

I don’t like the retention cocked and locked.  It wants the trigger down to keep the gun from moving around in the holster.  But I carry riding, so I’m pickier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHP147

« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2019, 06:46:03 PM »
I just bought a Medan convertible holster, it can be worn IWB or OWB.  This photo shows the belt loop for OWB that is on one side of the holster.

This photo from the other side shows a removable leather strap with belt hook for IWB.

Medan is a Ukrainian company that originally made these for Makarovs but it fits my 82 nicely.  I got it for $25 through Amazon. 

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
Evike has the Swiss Arms ADAPTX Universal Holster by Cybergun on sale. Claimed fit for CZ-82/83. $29.
https://www.evike.com/products/83550/
I have one for my TT-33. The fit is perfect.

Offline ILpaul

« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
I was originally looking for a leather full flap field holster for a CZ83. Most choices were surplus LE or military. Many were not specifically made for CZ83. This was my end result purchase.
https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-ambidextrous-tan-leather-pancake-holster-for-compact-sub-compact-9mm-40-45-pistols-34st/

While not my original focus, this holster had a significant feature over all others. It was ambidextrous. We are lefty and righty users. Only a single item purchase - $$ savings.

We have a total of [3] magazines, so the below was a logical add-on.
https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-saddle-tan-leather-double-magazine-pouch-stmag2/

I felt the only shortcoming with both items was the backside of the male metal snap posts could possibly rub on the pistol or magazines. The glitch was resolved with an “un-lost” glove. I cut some circular patches out, and glued them over the snap backings.

FYI: About a month after receiving the holster, Barsony came out with a full flap field holster product line – non-leather.

JHP147

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »
I was originally looking for a leather full flap field holster for a CZ83. Most choices were surplus LE or military. Many were not specifically made for CZ83. This was my end result purchase.
https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-ambidextrous-tan-leather-pancake-holster-for-compact-sub-compact-9mm-40-45-pistols-34st/

While not my original focus, this holster had a significant feature over all others. It was ambidextrous. We are lefty and righty users. Only a single item purchase - $$ savings.

We have a total of [3] magazines, so the below was a logical add-on.
https://www.barsonyholsters.com/new-saddle-tan-leather-double-magazine-pouch-stmag2/

I felt the only shortcoming with both items was the backside of the male metal snap posts could possibly rub on the pistol or magazines. The glitch was resolved with an “un-lost” glove. I cut some circular patches out, and glued them over the snap backings.

FYI: About a month after receiving the holster, Barsony came out with a full flap field holster product line – non-leather.

I like that the retention strap is adjustable for hammer down or cocked and locked.

Offline cconrad1234

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2020, 05:10:13 PM »
I recommend Vedder.  Here is a link for their CZ-82 list

https://www.vedderholsters.com/search.php?search_query=cz-82

Offline Robert Louis

« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2020, 03:12:52 AM »
I had DM Bullard in in Texas make one for me for around $150 and it works great.  Just as a word of caution, I had them make 4 holster for me.  2 work great, one not so good and one did not work at all, that is for my SIG M11 A1, when the holster is put on a belt one cannot get the pistol far enough into the holster to cover the trigger.

Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb.

Offline scotsal

« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:58 PM »
https://imgur.com/L0ZnrPw
https://imgur.com/mNlYHfH

Hi All, Here is the Zili Praha holster. I was lucky enough to happen by it on ebay. It was listed as NOS, so I don't know if they're made anymore. It is very heavy-duty. One thing to note that there is a large steel button opposite the screw seen here. You can avoid contact with the pistol if you're careful, but I will most likely cover it with something non-scratching. 

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »
This is a "Top Five" article on CZ 82/83 holsters that I came across today. Enjoy!

Our Review of the Best Concealed Carry CZ 82 Holster [2020]
https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/cz-82-holster/

Offline jaymissalot

« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
Try Azula Holsters, out of South Africa, they list holsters for 82 and 83's, ordered one from amazon for my Beretta 81BB and it fits real well. will try one for my Cz 82 ,and 50.