Author Topic: And CZ100 said let there be LIGHT and there was TLR-3  (Read 2802 times)

Offline youngguns357

• CZ40B/40P/75B/ COMPACT.40/100B/Kadet M-6 CZ-527
And CZ100 said let there be LIGHT and there was TLR-3
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »
Well its done, the little pistol that could can finally come out and play at night. I modified the attachment rail to accomadate a modern weapons light.
 First I purchased a Streamlight TLR-3 light for $60.00, it is small and bright (90 lumens) and has several inserts to make it work on almost any rail system- WITH A CROSSCUT RAIL. So I fitted and looked and measured until I found the right insert that let the light switches operate freely without touching the oversized trigger guard and still used as much rail contact as possible. Now to do this, you must turn your insert around backward and when you do this the little security indention for the side plate is on the wrong side. No problem -use the hole thats there for a guide and drill a new intention- go slow- its plastic. Once that done, attach the light to the rail with moveable side plate off and find your crosscut point and mark it with soap stone.
Now I could have done this with the right size file or dremel but I got peoples. So my buddy steve leveled up the pistol on a milling machine and cut a slot across the light rail. Use one of the inserts of your choice for your width and depth of your crosscut, I would advising not cutting deeper than one hundered thousandths (.100) as I went a perfect .850.
 And with that 15 mins of work from unpacking the light to finish job, my 24/7 CCW is almost complete- Tritium night sights next- This is a easy job, just take your time and think.
 Now there is a small gap between your pistol frame and the light, when your done, so I plan to use a little epoxy on just the insert to give the light more area of contact. But the way its is now, it works great. The tlr-3 attaches by the sides of the rail moving out and up onto the rail. It has a spring loaded bolt that simply pushes out one side and release it when your in the slot of the rail. It also screws in to clamp down on the rails. Very smart design, indeed.
 Sorry I dont have pictures but trust me if you want to own the night with your CZ100 then buy a TLR-3 and a file or dremel and use a little commonsense and before sundown you'll be right! CZ - out of the shadows
Note: after putting on the light I did have to trim, at an angle, the control switches on the light, just a little bit but enough to clear the angle of the trigger guard. I did apply some JB weld on the front and rear of the insert to make it flush on both sides. This was pretty straight foward as I put plenty of JB weld on and as it hardened , just push the insert into the new grove for a perfect shape and fit.

UPDATE- I took out my CZ100 with the TLR-3 to do some night shooting and every thing went great from putting on the light in total darkness to putting plenty of light on target out to 20 yards. The beam gives you alot of side light while putting a pin point beam on the center of your target. This is a great CCW pistol/light combo and I could not be happier.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:30:16 PM by youngguns357 »
NOT MANY LIKE US, bleep FEW LEFT- THE BARN DOG

serviceonline24

Re: And CZ100 said let there be LIGHT and there was TLR-3
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:59:42 AM »
Winner CZ100.

anything