Author Topic: Review from Georgia  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Shooter9X19

Review from Georgia
« on: January 14, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »
Greetings,

I would like to share my expirience with new P07 model, so i decided to open a new thread. review will not be short I promise but I realy want to share every detail about this new gun.

Firts of all let me explain to you dear Cz fans that firearms in my country are very very expensive. I will name few exampels. new Glock17 - 2500 USD, Sig-s or H&K-s go for 3000 USD. New guns are rare in gunshops. Imports are rare althaugh there are plenty of them on hands from good old times when importing firearms in Georgia was as simple as import pencils. Prices for used guns are smaller but offers are rare. Few years ago, I managed to establish direct contact with Cz plant in uhersky Brod and thanx to its very polite and professional staff we managed to start imports of Cz firearms, purchaising it directly from Czech Republic. It takes some 1-2 months and lots of paperwark before you receive much awaited carton blocks at customs terminal with brand new firearms in it. import is possible with license issued to a resident person, maximum of 3 guns are allowed for import. price for one classic cz75 is about 1100USD. same is for a new P07. Since that time I baught directly from Cz many guns, heavy, tactical looking SP01, futuristic P01 Phantom, classical Cz75BD, big bore and excellent hand cannon Cz97BD and many other fine guns, three or four models of which where first of a kind in Georgia. unfortunately first p07 was not ordered by me but by my good friend who invited me to shoot it. This pistol in real life looks better than on pictures. When I firs saw the all new cz pistol my first thaughts where: bleep thats an ugly gun! What are they smoking there in Uhersky Brod? i was wrong, in real life the pistol is very good looking. I didnt manage to get to the range so i just put my hands on it for a few minutes. bleep I liked it imidiately! This is a clone of HK USP Compact I thaught, which I liked a lot but couldnt force myself to spend 3000 USD on it. Both those guns are very similar but I swear cz feels better than squared and overweighted USP. Needless to say I wanted to buy one but wasnt happy due to the large waiting time. Than came another P07 to Georgia and another.....One day I saw an offer on website, regarding brand new P07 but price was almost bellow the minimum price including all import fees and expenses and I knew that. That particular P07 belonged to my good friend who was selling it from another account. He offered me another discount so price became around 800 USD and believe me you cant buy nothing for that price here, excluding chinese copy of cz75 an worn out russian surplus. I went to his home, where he showed me two identical p07 and I took the one with better factory target. Well, I will add, I have never seen so tight grouping on cz factory targets! The begining was very promising.BTW Cz pistols group always better than shown on factory targets.Regarding pistol itself. Well its an awsome gun, a lot of gun for a very little money. it points naturally, way naturally and faster than any other semi auto a had, and I had almost any more or less popular 9mm auto on the market. Triggers is smoth, very rare thing on new Cz handguns, no need for braking in or polishing. Well may be there always is a need for a some kind of trigger job on any new service grade auto but on P07 its not an urgent need for sure. Also what I liked in P07 compared to other Cz pistols. Finnish, looks sexy an better than black polymer, used on other pistols from Cz family. Magazines look way more stronger. Sights are good but I am not sure if I had a choice I would prefer them over traditional big Cz sights which also can be easily used to rock the slide with one hand using belt. The action is unusual for cz but well known from many other guns like sig, HK and Glock. And now what I dont like in new pistol: Rear sight has a very sharp edge. Try to strike slide from rear for example to force it to close if its out of battery and you will injure your hand. You will have huge problem trying to insert 16th round in magazine but if you manage, you will have problems inserting magazine in pistol, but iit gets easier with time. The magazine release button is oversized, can be easily accidentaly pressed. Deckoking lever is oversized too, had problems with it during shooting so changed it with safety. Better to change lever than to change the way you hold the gun. Serrations on slide are very agressive. After some practice the fingers became red and further training was causing serious pain to them. As on all Cz pistols, slide is very uncomfortable to grasp by hand.  Another reason why I like big, blocky meprolights on other cz pistols... Many people consider P07 to hit markets too late and I tend to agree with them. Where are interchangible back panels? Why the front part of slide and frame is not scaloped for easy reholstering? I dont like internal locks and its fine if there is none in my new P07 but maybe it will help to sell better? Any unique features? Any innovations? NO. May be except the design. Just another fine service pistol. Nothing more nothing less.  And how it performs? Acuracy was fine, fast shooting was never so easy for me. It ate anything from cheap reloads to awfull russian hollowpoints. No issues recorded. I have some good photos of my handgun and targets and will upload them shortly.

Offline Hayfield123

• Yeah, go ahead. Break into my house!
Re: Review from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »
Always good to hear from other countries.  It puts things in perspective.  Thanks for the post.
SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Jan '67 - Aug '92
NRA Life Member
S&W No.1, 3rd; S&W .38 S/A 2nd; S&W D/A 4th; S&W HE of 1903; Nagant M1895; CZ 52; CZ 82; S&W Mod 15;  Kimber Tactical Ultra II; Taurus PT738; Walther P22; CZ P-06; S&W Mod 19;KAR.98A; Win M1894 38-55; Win M94; Sears Mod 34; H&R 16ga; Win Mod 24

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
Shooter9x19:  Nice review.  Very well written.  I've spent some time in Tbilisi.  Stayed at the Hotel (don't remember the name) on Rustaveli Ave.  Crazy cab drivers.  Many people speak excellent English.  Superb food (Kachapuri) and Chacha...too much Chacha!!  Very friendly people!

Offline Hayfield123

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
A young lady from Tblisi who goes to college with my son is, at this minute, in my kitchen cooking potato pies!
SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Jan '67 - Aug '92
NRA Life Member
S&W No.1, 3rd; S&W .38 S/A 2nd; S&W D/A 4th; S&W HE of 1903; Nagant M1895; CZ 52; CZ 82; S&W Mod 15;  Kimber Tactical Ultra II; Taurus PT738; Walther P22; CZ P-06; S&W Mod 19;KAR.98A; Win M1894 38-55; Win M94; Sears Mod 34; H&R 16ga; Win Mod 24

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:47 PM »
Ask her if she's ever had Chacha? (Vodka made from Grapes, as I recall)

Offline Lior

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 02:41:50 AM »
Great review! P07s cost about the same in Israel as they do in Georgia. Don't stop gunwriting - you have the talent for it.

Offline Shooter9X19

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:39 AM »
A young lady from Tblisi who goes to college with my son is, at this minute, in my kitchen cooking potato pies!
:)

Offline Shooter9X19

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 06:01:03 AM »
here we go with some pics of my new Cz75P07

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:08:45 AM by Shooter9X19 »

Offline Shooter9X19

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »
Great review! P07s cost about the same in Israel as they do in Georgia. Don't stop gunwriting - you have the talent for it.

Thanx Lior, actualy I DO gunwriting but on my native language  ;)

Offline Hayfield123

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 07:25:30 AM »
It comes through, loud and clear, in your english translation!  Great posts.
SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Jan '67 - Aug '92
NRA Life Member