Author Topic: yippeekiiyaa!  (Read 2253 times)

Offline handgun2

yippeekiiyaa!
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
FINALLY,

took my new (used) PO6 out for a test run today, prior to shooting I polished feed ramp and changed standard rubber grips for the THIN AL grips.. added a little 3M grip tape in a few extra spots.. then the test!

fired 45 rnds today at indoor range @ 8.5 yds   (this is my FIRST centerfire pistol, have PMR-30 .22 mag),  therefore didn't know quite what to expect.. would i be recoil sensitive? limpwrist? feed issues?

believe it or not ( gotta learn how to post picts here)  all but 7 shots were in the 10 ring, the 'other' seven were in the 9 ring/close to the 10 line... 

I couldn't be more pleased.. remember this is my VERY FIRST TIME shooting a centerfire pistol and my VERY FIRST CZ.. in .40 cal. no less..

recoil was fine,  no problems.. my .22 mag auto loader has almost as much recoil..  cripes.. i am already thinking of selling the .22 mag auto and buying the kadet kit.. 1 gun.. twice the fun!

anyway, CZ makes a great firearm!  can't wait to have friends shoot.. try out... also, no FTF, no FTE..
luv it!

Offline handgun2

Re: yippeekiiyaa!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:28:48 PM »
PS... still excited..

anyway, used a new target for last 12 shots.. 4 each from 2 mags.. Rem 180gr, American Eagle 165 gr.. w/ LaserMax all eight in #10 and bulls.. last mag loaded 3 Rem and 2 AmE and shot using open sights.. 2 in bulls, 2 in #10.. at 8.5 yds..

can't wait to shoot more.. my paycheck can't bear my additction now..

k

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
That's great. Take your camera when you go to the range. We all would like to see where you shoot. I hope you have a great time.  8) 8) 8)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »
Sounds great! Now, since ammo is expensive, you could look into some reloading gear... just kidding, one step at a time.

Offline youngguns357

• CZ40B/40P/75B/ COMPACT.40/100B/Kadet M-6 CZ-527
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:15:15 AM »
Nothing like a good day of shooting, you lucky cowboy. Ive been on 6 nights a week so long now, that on my only day off is spent recovering from the lack of sleep and gearing up for the next week. Vicious cycle but hey, lucky to have a job and someday soon I'll get back on the line. You just enjoy your youth while time permits and enjoy it with a CZ. Welcome to the CZ forum and nice shooting.
NOT MANY LIKE US, bleep FEW LEFT- THE BARN DOG

Offline handgun2

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
thanks all,

will get my college grad/ son to show me how to upload picts.. of first shoot (yes, i 'm just still shy of AM hours on the life calendar) complete newbie to handguns (curse my son..per my bank book).. now thrilled (live long upper quality SxS bird hunter) 

anyway, still thrilled w/ my first time out CZ.. proves it was worth the wait and research.. will post picts as soon as possible!

kevin