Author Topic: used kadet kit  (Read 2693 times)

Offline oneluckydog62

used kadet kit
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
I bought a used kadet kit at a local gun store today. I assumed it didn't need any material taken off because it was used. It seemed to fit; but 'very' snug.Which is what it is supposed to fit. But now I can't get it back off. Any suggestions?I wish someone would do a 'youtube' of the installation. 

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

Re: used kadet kit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »
Rubber hammers are your friend.  After you make sure the gun is unloaded and the magazine is out.

Once you get it off,  get a bottle of sewing machine oil, slather it on the rails, and install the stripped slide on the frame.  Work it back and forth a few hundred times, keeping the rails wet.  When it starts to move easier (no less that 400 cycles), get a little silver polishing compound and mix a half-and-half portion of silver polish and sewing machine oil.  Put it on the rails and cycle the slide around 400 cycles.  Finally, take a teaspoon  of the same oil, and add a hefty pinch ofBarkeeper's Friend, mix it well, and go through the same procedure.  After cleaning it up, the slide should not move when tilted at 30-35 degrees, but when tilted past 45 degrees it should start to move.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:45:15 AM »
Fitting a Kadet is due to the gun not the kit, so even if it was used your gun needs the kit fit to it. Follow the instructions and it's pretty easy to do. Use VERY fine files or steal you wife's nice nail file - without telling her you used it of course.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »
Rubber hammers are your friend.  After you make sure the gun is unloaded and the magazine is out.

Once you get it off,  get a bottle of sewing machine oil, slather it on the rails, and install the stripped slide on the frame.  Work it back and forth a few hundred times, keeping the rails wet.  When it starts to move easier (no less that 400 cycles), get a little silver polishing compound and mix a half-and-half portion of silver polish and sewing machine oil.  Put it on the rails and cycle the slide around 400 cycles.  Finally, take a teaspoon  of the same oil, and add a hefty pinch ofBarkeeper's Friend, mix it well, and go through the same procedure.  After cleaning it up, the slide should not move when tilted at 30-35 degrees, but when tilted past 45 degrees it should start to move.

The slide of the Kadet does not cycle like the CF slides do. There is a secondary slide, or bolt, that cycles. In the case of the OP's problem it could be that the barrel lug is binding in the frame and not the slidr binding in the rails. Even though the kit was used the fitting instructions in the Owners Manual should be followed as if it was new.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline oneluckydog62

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
I decided to shoot it today.I was very pleased with the accuracy.My wife also shot it and liked it.She tried to shoot her taurus pt22......and like I told her ..it wasn't a target pistol.I may have to buy her a mark III or a buckmark so I can keep the kadet to myself!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »
Bite the bullet and buy her a full Kadet pistol
That way, you can share mags and accessories
Just my $0.02 worth
Shoot safe, Den S

Offline oneluckydog62

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
It's a little too expensive but  she likes the way it shoots but would like a lighter pistol.She likes the way the walther fits her hand.I'll take her to see the ruger and buckmark tommorrow.I don't like plastic guns.

Offline midlife

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »
Did you look at the Beretta NEOS for her?
CZ 75B SS (9mm) w/ Kadet Kit - CZ 40B (40 Cal) - Navy Arms TU-90 (7.62x25) - Beretta NEOS (22 Cal) w/ Carbine Kit - Springfield Armory XDM 40 (40 Cal) - Heritage Rough Rider SA (22LR/22Mag)