Author Topic: TRIGGER PULL "FIX" PIX and INSTRUCTIONS  (Read 13267 times)

ndeeya

TRIGGER PULL "FIX" PIX and INSTRUCTIONS
« on: November 16, 2002, 01:51:28 PM »
GIVE THIS PAGE TIME TO LOAD... THERE ARE MANY LARGE PICTURES.

hi all,

by popular demand here are the pix and simplified instructions.
full instructions can be found here:
www.handgunreview.com/rev...z.html#100

1.  remove the slide from the gun.

2.  here are the things you will need:
  -gun minus the slide
  -1500 grit sandpaper (single or double sided) $.99 at hardware store
  -cleaning rod that came with gun
  -couple q-tips (for cleanup at end)
  -scissors to cut the sandpaper
  -double sided tape

3,4.  parts identification
  #32 Trigger Bar
  #39 Interrupter
  #42 Trigger Bar Disconnector

at this point i encourage you to work the trigger at watch the whole mechanism at work.  it is easier to understand why there is "gritty-ness" in the pull if you see where the major points of friction are.

points of friction:
between #32 and #39
between #32 and #42

once you see this, you will know where to sand/polish in order to eliminate/reduce the friction.  in fact, you can stop reading if you now understand where the problem areas are and know how to fix them.  otherwise read on.

5.  first i cut a small strip of sandpaper about 1cm wide and 3cm long and started to polish the top of #32 paying close attention to the areas surrounding the interrupter (#39).
  then i put a piece of sandpaper between #32 and #39, worked the trigger a few times, removed the paper, checked the pull, and repeated the last 3 steps.

6.  i then layed another piece of sandpaper on top of the other to effectively form a double-sided piece.  in retrospect this could have easily been accomplished by just folding one piece of paper in half the long way.
  -wedge the paper between #32 and #39
  -work the trigger
  -remove paper and check pull
  -repeat

7.  if you find that when you work the trigger the sandpaper is only polishing #32 and not the underside of #39...
  -wedge the paper btwn #32 and #39
  -pull the paper out while pressing softly on the interrupter
  -repeat
...this will ensure that the underside of #39 (where it meets #32) will get polished.

at this point i recommend putting the gun back together and testing the trigger to feel for improvement.

8,9.  construct a makeshift file/polishing tool.
using doublesided tape, make this:  (too lazy to explain)

10.  polish the underside of #42 where it "hits" #32
  then polish #32 where it "hits" #42.

11.  extra bonus tip.  polish the underside of the interrupter where it overhangs off #32 when the trigger is at rest.

your shiny new Trigger bar (bling bling)

hopefully you will use this thread as a STARTING POINT and guide.  do not take my instructions word for word.  each gun will have slight differences/nuances that will require you to modify my instructions.  i don't make any guarantees implicit or explicit.  follow these instructions at your own risk.  if you aren't competent working with small delicate thinks (i.e. you are "ham-fisted") do not attempt this fix.

have fun,  let me know if this helps.
cheers,
-a

Cossack1

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 02:41:26 PM »
Outstanding presentation ndeeya! Thank you very much!

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 03:39:35 PM »
Great pics!  Here's my $.02...If you look back at the second-to-last pic, I extended the sandpaper all the way under the disconnector and worked the trigger back and forth for several minutes, changing the sandpaper a few times.  This helped "round off" that area where it contacts the disconnector, and made it a little smoother in operation.  Thanks, Ndeeya!

ndeeya

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 01:16:53 PM »
i forgot to mention to re-lubricate the surfaces with gun oil after polishing.  this can easily be accomplished with qtips.

Offline rollins

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2002, 09:59:45 PM »
I did what you said, I sanded those areas, what a difference!  Very smooth now!!   Still the longest trigger pull I know of, but more predictable now and smooth as silk.  Thank You.

Offline lukipsc

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 06:07:53 AM »
How big is your resistance  (I do not know the right word) of trigger now after this modification?

Lukas

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 10:07:46 AM »
Lukas,

Let me start off by saying that I do not have a drigger pull gauge. My method of determining the trigger pull of my pistol is limited by my lack of proper equipment and probably a lot of knowledge.

I filled up a plastic one gallon container with water. The water weighed 8.33 lbs. With the weight of the container included, let's call it 9 lbs. total weight. I lifted the water container with a string looped around my trigger. If I lifted the pistol very slowly, the trigger was pulled back just to the point before it would fire. If I lifted the pistol at about the same speed as I normally pull the trigger, the pistol fired.

I am sure someone here can point out the flaws in my crude system of measurement. If I had to guess, I would say my trigger pull is somewhere between 10 and 11 lbs.

Take it for what it is worth.

Good shooting,

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline cz p100

• keepem loaded and ready
Re: TRIGGER PULL "FIX" PIX and INSTRUCTIONS
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »
is this the same mod as this http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=4152.0  ? if not what the differance ?