Author Topic: Need help...STILL getting stovepipes after stovepipe mod  (Read 2336 times)

Offline 03snake

Need help...STILL getting stovepipes after stovepipe mod
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
Hi, Bought a used CZ Kadet (the whole gun, not the kit). Looks new. Had stovepipes (2/mag) on bulk Federal and bulk Blazer. Did the above 'sticky' stovepipe mod to the ejector. STILL doing the same thing. Only runs reliably on Hyper velocity stingers. What else can I do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline tekarra

Re: Need help...STILL getting stovepipes after stovepipe mod
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I have no problems with Blazer, but have had problems with bulk Federal.  Mine shoots standard velocity with no problems, but I use a lot of Minimags.  I diligently clean the breech block and around extractor after every shooting session.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »
try shooting/using different brands/types of ammo and see what IT likes best.

Offline 03snake

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »
Trying some Winchester and Remington Yellow Jackets today.......Let you know

Offline 03snake

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Got to the range this morning with Win-X and Rem Yellowjackets:

Win X- 5 stovepipes/100
Rem YJ- 2 stovepipes/100!  I think it's the 1500fps vs the 1200 fps

WAY better than the Federal and Blazer bulk

My Ruger 22/45 eats anything, anytime

I'm going to get the Wolff 16,17,18,19# mainspring kit and start working backwards from the stock 20#.
Let you know if it helps. No problems with the high velocity CCI Stingers. I think the problem might be
to strong a hammer spring for the slide to cycle properly with the low velocity bulk ammo.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
CCI mini-mags ?  36gr HP

Offline 03snake

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »
The mini mags are still only 1260 fps. I need the higher veocity stuff, maybe the CCI Velocitor if I can find any.

Offline burley

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »
Snake, hold that gun TIGHT AND FIRM!  My kit was not running righht with Feds and as I got angry about it I just started pulling the trigger and it fixed itself with basic fundamentals.  The gun was fine and I had just forgotten basic stuff and was using a light grip.  The loss of a stable platform to operate from made my gun unreliable.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline Cesar

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
In theory - if 'high velocity' ammo (hotter ammo) gives you less trouble, then either recoil spring or main spring (or both) are a little too strong. Also, make sure there is no tight spots within slide's full travel!! Manually cycle the slide with and without recoil spring to feel how smooth the stroke is.

Thing is - as slide goes back, it has to compress both of those springs, recoil and main, if it's short-stroking, then start with recoil spring first - cut a coil or two. The springs are not that expensive and are available from cz-usa.

Offline 03snake

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
I'll pay attention to not limp wristing. I ordered a hammer tuning spring pak from Wolff. Waiting for it now. It appears from other threads the 17# hammer (main) spring is the lightest I can use without getting light strikes. If this fixes it fine. If not I'll use your advise and cut a couple coils off the recoil spring. I'll make sure when I have the hammerspring and recoil spring out that the slide cycles freely. Thanks for all the advise.