Author Topic: 1st gun  (Read 2139 times)

mefca

1st gun
« on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:45 PM »
Hi!  I am gun shopping for my first gun and I want to get a 9mm and I was thinking about the CZ100.  I will be mainly using it at the target range and home protection.  I would like to know if this would be a good first gun and if it is a good gun to take to the range and fire about 200 rounds per visit.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

devilmutt

1st gun
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »
My first handgun purchase was the CZ 100 in .40S&W.

Some people don't like the trigger, I love it, no chance of an AD.  I don't think the trigger is a problem with a little practice.  

Forget about accessories for the 100, none fit.

While the list of holster makers that make holsters for this gun is small, it is growing.  Nate at www.ubgholsters.com/index.html makes some real nice holsters for the CZ 100 for a price of $60.  I have used a holster of a friend that Nate made and plan on purchasing one soon.

As far as putting 200 rounds through the CZ 100 per range visit, not me.  IMO the gun kicks like a mule, but it is a accurate gun.

The CZ 100 is my primary carry gun, it conceals easy and is not heavy.

IMO the CZ 100 is a good gun at a good price, $300.00 in Minnesota.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Walt-Sherrill

1st gun
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
I think, in the long run, you'd be better served by getting a CZ-75B.   A lot of people on this forum love CZs, but don't love the CZ-100.  (I had one.  Don't anymore.)

Spend a little more, or buy a used 75B.

Offline czhead

1st gun
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:29:08 PM »
I agree,  the 100 is not a target pistol.  You will be much happier and satisfied with the results you get at 25 ft. on the range with a 75B.

+ you can get the .22 attachment and really plink like crazy.

Offline Old Coastie

1st gun
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
If you like the CZ100 go get one. They are wonderful guns. They are much easier to carry and conceal than most of the other CZ's. They are very simple to shoot and maintain. They are also built like the proverbial Mack truck.

They make wonderful bedside pistols. No safeties to worry about. Just pick her up and she is ready to go.

I agree the 100's are not 25 yard target pistols. They are combat pistols and at combat ranges are every bit as accurate as any other CZ.

When I carry, I have many pistols to pick from. The CZ100 is the one that goes with me. Every time.

If you can shoot a DA revolver, you will be right at home with the CZ100.

Good shooting,

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

anything