Author Topic: 2010 Rami P Failure  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Guitarguy

2010 Rami P Failure
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
I finally took my Rami P to the range today. 1st magazine was fine but second magazine not so good.
The eighth round (18th overall) completely disassembled the pistol. Really.
The slide assembly shot forward and landed about two feet in front of me; the magazine was kicked loose and dropped about an inch; the slide release was located 6 feet to my left; the ambi safety exited the frame completely and I was able to find both halves; the sear cage assembly bounced off my chest and was sitting on the table in from of me.
Luckily, I was wearing a shooting glove and even though it was a shock and it stung, no injury resulted other than to my pride.
I am wearing a CZ cap and I have a big CZ shooting bag plus two more CZ's in the bag and I need 3 guys to help me locate all the parts from my gun....Yes, I had been talking up the CZ's.....
I called CZ-USA when I got home and John gave me a return authorization no fuss no muss. I just have to pay the shipping.
We talked about it and (I was shooting factory115 Remington round nose) I can't figure out what could eject the slide release other than frame flex.  John says they have not seen this happen so far. I did find a piece of metal so something broke but the slide lock looks undamaged to me. It was a real eye opening experience, I am not going to lie, it shook me up. I have owned eight CZ's, all 75b's, they have all been flawless and trouble free. I look forward to hearing the CZ analysis.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:22:15 PM by Guitarguy »
CZ 75B SA, 75B Steel Compact w/ rail, 1992 Pre B.

Offline mitchg233

Re: 2010 Rami P Failure
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »
I have never seen one apart, but does the sear cage stay in place with a pin? Does that mean the pin sheared the holes in the lower?

Offline Guitarguy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »
The safety hold the sear cage in place. It runs through the center. The holes look OK. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:56:56 PM by Guitarguy »

Offline derweibhai

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Some frame bulge is evident, but cant see how the slide stop could completely shoot loose from the frame w/o you noticing it creeping out.

Offline Guitarguy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
$58.28 for shipping.

I agree. I should have seen something. I looked the gun over after the first 10 rounds and did not notice anything.
It must have been walking at some point but I did not notice it. Dummy Me.
 Probably because I have never encountered anything like this in 15 years of pretty regular shooting.
You can bet I have a new perspective and will never take anything like this for granted again especially on an unfamiliar gun.

Offline Guitarguy

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
 :(    This came back from CZ on Augst 22nd with a repair order stating they fixed the spring that held in the safety. It was reassembled, test fired and shipped back to me.
Really, I was expecting a replacement pistol after such a major malfunction.
This one will be sold at a loss, immediately (with full disclosure of the problems) as I simply do not trust this pistol design.
I have had excellent service from CZ in the past with no significant issues with any other gun.