Author Topic: CZ 75 SP01 Shadow TARGET Custom SAO Trigger Install  (Read 7472 times)

Offline farrider

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow TARGET Custom SAO Trigger Install
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
I just picked up my new CZ 75 SP01 Shadow TARGET Custom. The gun will essentially shoot one hole. This is my first CZ and I am used to the trigger pull on my custom 1911's and rifles. This trigger althought smooth and crisp at the break has a lot of slack before the break even in single action. It feels like an extra long take up on a two stage rifle trigger.  Will the SAO trigger reduce the take up?  I have tried to find some info on installing your SAO trigger, but can't find any.  Do I have to just replace the trigger itself, or do I also have to remove the disconnector?

I would also like to know if the Slide Racker Sight Base for the SP01 Shadow on your web site will fit the Shadow Target Custom, if I want to install a c-more sts.  Old eyes have forced me to do this on most of my pistols. It's the blurry sights or blurry target choice.

Thanks for your help and making a great pistol even better.

Offline coolbox

Re: CZ 75 SP01 Shadow TARGET Custom SAO Trigger Install
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »
I had an sp01 Shadow SA/DA. The stock trigger was somehow better that what I have on my Tactical sport, infact, the break was at par with competition .22 pistols. No creep etc etc.

I also wanted to get rid of the take up slack, and decided to got the SA way with the below trigger

http://czcustom.com/testproduct-132.aspx

The problem was, I shifted the very next day back to SA/DA trigger. Reason,  some minute slack still remained (one millimeter or so) to allow the trigger to reset, and I just wanted touch and go stuff. This disappointed me. I fear the same for you. I recall Stuart or Cesar advising me against it, now I know why.

Yes, you will have to remove the disconnector. The flat trigger also didnt suit me much for the 100 odd rounds fired, original curved was better, so is the factory tactical sport trigger.

If you truly want one, I think you may have to get it custom fitted by czcustom, or one of schmeky or Stuart might be able to help you out.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline farrider

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Thanks for your input.  The trigger job by the custom shop has an excellent light and clean break once you get past the slack. It feels exactly like the two stage geissele triggers I install on AR's. As far as pistols go, I guess I am just used to the race guns and tricked up revolvers. Even my S&W 500 has a tight crisp trigger.

The gun shoots great, just takes some getting used to. I looked at a parts diagram for the tactical sport and the single action trigger has a different trigger bar, one leg instead of two on the Shadow Target.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
what do you mean by two stage? is it some slack travel (with almost no weight), then engagement and instant crisp break? If yes, that's just about as good as it gets in CZs. If there is some more travel after engagement( even slightest bit), that is definitely not acceptable with a competition hammer installed. I believe that it is former rather than latter.

the slack with SA triggers is just very minimal, but enough to disappoint me, even in the tactical sport. It is essential to get reset, which is not actually required in revolvers. I believe I have read somewhere on the forum about reducing reset point, that could solve, but it was some work I would not indulge myself in (read: too complicated for me)
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Stuart

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
There are some times when the parts go together right and you can get most if not all that slack up. I have seen it a couple of times and I think it is when tolerances stack up in the right direction.
Have not been able to duplicate it but have seen it set up that way.
Have never seen it with the new flat SAO trigger, only with the older style CZ SAO triggers.

Offline 1steelshooter

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:31:45 PM »
I just put a straight SA trigger in my sp-01 shadow. I left the disconnector in and it works fine. I also was able adjust out all the take up. I left about an eighth of an inch take up on purpose though.

Offline farrider

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
Thanks for all the help, especially Steelshooter for his excellent description of the process to install the SAO trigger. I'll order the parts and report on the results.