Author Topic: Smoothing the Action  (Read 424731 times)

Offline drband

Re: Smoothing the Action
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2020, 09:48:55 AM »
Great content and very helpful! McMaster has a lot of polishing bits. A lot of them even come impregnated with compound of differing grits. Scroll down this page a little and click on “Polishing Bobs”.

https://www.mcmaster.com/buffing-wheels

So I bought some of the Polishing Bobs from McMaster. I did this on my P01. I bought these grits 600, 800, 1200 in both 1/4 and 1/2 inch sizes. They are 1/8 shank and I used my Dremel. It was super easy and convenient. I hope this is helpful for those that view this thread.

That’s a great resource (McMaster link). Appreciate the info!

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »
Nice photos
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
I had a rough feel to the D/A pull in my 97BD that bugged me since completing the work from before. I finally had time to look into the issue. I thought I may have missed something or foreign crap lodged in the assembly. S/A has been super smooth. Well, I found a burr on the underside of this ledge where the trigger bar rides on it from spring pressure. Removal of burr was a treat, but once done cleaned, tested, and reassembled the trigger feels absolutely smooth.

I edited this post as I thought when the sear cage is installed, the trigger bar does not contact this ledge. Yet, no other issues were found. I checked all three of my CZs. All did not touch the ledge. I guess something was in the mechanism I missed, even after two cleanings. I stand corrected.

Just an FYI if anyone has the same issue. My SP01 & P01 did not.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:08:19 PM by Steve Menegon »

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2020, 06:05:44 PM »
I had to do the same with my new 97 and a P01 I've had for a while and just got around to polishing.  Made a difference for sure.

I had a rough feel to the D/A pull in my 97BD that bugged me since completing the work from before. I finally had time to look into the issue. I thought I may have missed something or foreign crap lodged in the assembly. S/A has been super smooth. Well, I found a burr on the underside of this ledge where the trigger bar rides on it from spring pressure. Removal of burr was a treat, but once done cleaned, tested, and reassembled the trigger feels absolutely smooth.

Just an FYI if anyone has the same issue. My SP01 & P01 did not.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:19:36 AM by Wobbly »

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
Seak, I had just edited my post. I wondered if I mis-diagnosed the cause, yet no other change was made. Now I am not sure why the feel changed as I cleaned nothing but the frame prior to reassembling. I'll take the improvement.

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »
Seak, I had just edited my post. I wondered if I mis-diagnosed the cause, yet no other change was made. Now I am not sure why the feel changed as I cleaned nothing but the frame prior to reassembling. I'll take the improvement.

Man, I just took a look at my 97BD, P01 and SP01 and it looks like you're right - that the bar doesn't touch that ledge when the sear cage is installed. My SP01 comes very close but doesn't rub and that was never a problem.  Getting rid of the sharp corners sure seemed to help tho.  I wonder if in doing that we smoothed out the area below it some? Crazy but nice find!

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2020, 07:58:11 PM »
The only way I could duplicate the feel I had was with the trigger bar contacting that area. A little downward pressure giving clearance eliminated the rough feel. I checked hammer strut pin, disco pin, hammer pivot pin, etc. All were smooth as can be. No movement in pins. I had already beveled the edges in the hammer recess.  I then pulled the trigger bar and trigger. All was ok. Upon reinstalling them is when I found the issue. Cool! I got it. There was definitely a burr on the ledge. Trigger bar face was smooth. Weird. Whatever, it worked. But it makes no sense and that bugs me.

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2020, 08:29:40 PM »
 I had the same exact experience. And yep, a little sanding of the corner seemed to be the solution.

The only way I could duplicate the feel I had was with the trigger bar contacting that area. A little downward pressure giving clearance eliminated the rough feel. I checked hammer strut pin, disco pin, hammer pivot pin, etc. All were smooth as can be. No movement in pins. I had already beveled the edges in the hammer recess.  I then pulled the trigger bar and trigger. All was ok. Upon reinstalling them is when I found the issue. Cool! I got it. There was definitely a burr on the ledge. Trigger bar face was smooth. Weird. Whatever, it worked. But it makes no sense and that bugs me.

Offline no_mikes

« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2020, 08:13:16 AM »
Can you soak the trigger bar in vinegar overnight to accelerate the removal of the coating? I've seen the done before on polishing barrels.

Offline Dionysus220

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
Sorry partially off topic:

I ran across this and was wondering why anyone would need it?

COMPETITION TRIGGER BAR SPRING ( -10% POWER ) FOR CZ 
https://store.dot40.net/competition-arena/eemann-tech-4724/competition-trigger-bar-spring-10-power-for-cz-3124097

Thank you in advance for any response.

Dionysus220

Offline EZ128

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »
Awesome post: wish I can find anything about Single Action gritiness? It is kinda of strange:  I don't feel it when dry firing, only in live fire. I have a Eemann Tech com disconnector put in.

Offline Old Schoolr

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2022, 09:17:04 PM »
Thank you to Schmeky for starting this thread & the others who’ve added to the tutorial. I ran thru the process on my Compact & upgraded the TRS, TP & FPRP with CGW parts. The trigger pull is much smoother than when I started with a pistol with just under 2600 rounds fired since new. The grittiness is gone from the double action pull. I’m looking forward to getting it to the range.
* Also replaced the slide stop with the new CGW part. Well made & much easier to use than the factory stop.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:24:09 PM by Old Schoolr, Reason: Added * »

Offline SEB2337

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2022, 05:32:55 PM »
Great post! Thanks! Wish I’d of read it before doing the HBI spring kit but what the hell… now I have something to do the next rainy day.
Thanks,

Sean

Offline Slackdaddy

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2022, 11:20:33 PM »
What are the different ways you polish the inside of the roll pin "holes" ??