Author Topic: new innovation: Trigger Grip  (Read 1459 times)

asad100

new innovation: Trigger Grip
« on: April 23, 2003, 01:27:06 PM »
Everyone knows that cz 100 is a lovely pistol except for its rotten trigger.
I had tried every thread in this forum to try and correct its trigger problem but as a matter of fact nothing really rectified the problem, and every time I fired the gun for more than 10 times, and my index finger used to ache like hell for two days.
Then one day as I was wondering how to sell my gun, this novel idea came to my mind, which has made my gun a joy to shoot with good accuracy and no more finger aches or callousities.
Here is what I did:
I took a new foley's urinary catheter size 18, and cut the upper end ( where the catheter is connected to the urinary bag) with a sharp scissors transversely, after sizing it to match the length of the trigger. Then I rolled it over the trigger and started to dry shoot.This manouvre made the trigger soft, less painful for the finger, less slippery and moved the finger a shade forwards, moving the point a shade forwards where the trigger breaks.
Since this modification my cz trigger has become a joy to handle and shoot, and I have tried it for about 10 days before bringing it up in this forum. You do not need to paste the catheter to the trigger, It will stay there comfortably.
Please try it and you will feel the difference.

Offline bullsi1911

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 05:10:52 PM »
I did something similar but more perminent.  I ground the grooves off of the face of the trigger, and then polished it smooth.  Made a HUGE difference in the feel of the trigger.

I like your trigger sleeve Idea.  That is pretty handy.

Offline jwstox

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 07:05:10 PM »
I tried the fix, but my urinary bag spilled all other the floor!!!!   :eek   LOL... hey, where does one come by a urinary cath tube in a legal fashion?  Will my pistol still be BATF approved?

Cossack1

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 06:36:25 PM »
If you tried the trigger stop, it should have eliminated your painful finger. The pain comes from the trigger overtravel, and the trigger "SNAPS' back into reset from the violent action of the recoil, If you eliminate the overtravel, there won't be any snap-back. I'll bet that's what the tubing is doing, acting as a trigger stop between the trigger and the front strap.

asad100

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 12:54:14 PM »
Actually my trigger is the smooth, short and curved type, which has a sharp curve at the lower end of the trigger.
When the trigger is pressed the index finger slides down the trigger and just at the time of trigger break , all the force is at the lower end of distal finger ( interphalangeal ) joint and here is where the callousity develops and the finger aches.
Now with this trigger grip the finger does not slide down, all the pressure is not at the lower end of the distal joint and there is a small cushion between the finger and the hard , forward curve of the lower end of the trigger.
Please try this modification and you will see how simple , effective and cheap it is. Moreover it is extremely important for the health of your index finger because any undue stress at any small joint can lead to early setting in of osteoarthritis which can render the movements painful in later life.

anything