Author Topic: These May Have Been Asked Already  (Read 884 times)

Offline Amadeus

These May Have Been Asked Already
« on: October 16, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »
So I'll ask in a way which allows for simple yes/no answers.

1.Will the CZ100 .40 mags work in the 9mm and provide greater firepower?
2.Will the Barsto caliber change drop-in barrels work on the 9mm?
3.Is the Winchester Ranger 9mm 127gr. +P+ OK to shoot in my CZ100?

Thanks for your help.

ndeeya

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 08:46:07 PM »
sorry amadeus,

i am not able to answer any of your questions with full certainty.

i'm sure Old Coastie can comment on the .40 mags working (or not working) in the 9mm.  he can also comment on the barrel swap.

regarding the +p ammo... check this link:
click here

-a

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 07:56:16 PM »
Amadeus,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I'll do my best to answer that which I can.

"1.Will the CZ100 .40 mags work in the 9mm and provide greater firepower?"  The .40 mags will work, but in my opinion they will need to have the feed lips adjusted to work really reliably, and therein lies the problem. You must be very carefull when the adjustments are made, because the mags must also work properly in the CZ40. If they will not reliably feed .40 S&W the changes made are illegal and you could be in for some serious trouble if found out. I know it can be done on the Springfield XD series of pistols so it should be possible on the CZ100.

"2.Will the Barsto caliber change drop-in barrels work on the 9mm?"  If you want to do a caliber conversion to a CZ100 you need to begin with the .40 S&W version. from there you can go to a non-ported .40 barrel or a .357 Sig barrel. Some people claim you and also put a 9mm barrel in the .40 and use it successfully. It might work at the range for a while, but I surely wouldn't bet my life on it. The problem is that the breech face of the .40 is larger than the 9mm. It will probably load OK and will fire. You may have problems with extraction and ejection since the slide was designed for a .40 and not a 9mm. The only reliable way to convert a 9mm to .40  S&W that I know of is to replace the whole upper of the pistol. If you do that you might as well do what I did and just buy both pistols. It might actually be cheaper. Plus you always have a spare pistol. Not and elegant solution, but practical.

"3.Is the Winchester Ranger 9mm 127gr. +P+ OK to shoot in my CZ100?"  I personally do not believe that +P+ ammo should be used in the CZ100. If you really find in necessary to do it, please replace the recoil spring, as the original is just marginal for standard 9mm. I believe that if you find it necessary to use +P+, get the .40 version. Same capacity, bigger holes. Just my opinion guys. Not meant to start a caliber war.

Good shooting,

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline Amadeus

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 07:23:39 AM »
Thank you Old Coastie.

anything