Author Topic: C 82 - carry in condition 1 or 2  (Read 1453 times)

Offline alenworn

C 82 - carry in condition 1 or 2
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
Hi forum members,

I prefer to carry in condition 2, the gun has a firing pin block doesnt it?    A DA first shot is fine by me.  But I dont like manually lowering the hammer to get it C2.  How do you carry your gun? 

Offline websterz

Re: C 82 - carry in condition 1 or 2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
Hi forum members,

I prefer to carry in condition 2, the gun has a firing pin block doesnt it?    A DA first shot is fine by me.  But I dont like manually lowering the hammer to get it C2.  How do you carry your gun?

Press your non-trigger hand thumb in between the hammer and firing pin, squeeze the trigger until you feel the sear disconnect, take your finger off the trigger, and let the hammer gently push your thumb up and out of the way. Takes half a second and is safe since the trigger is not depressed while the hammer comes down. This is also my preferred carry condition...cocked-n-locked is not for me.

Offline SMSgt

• Make a decision; live with the consequences.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
Firing pin block? No. The hammer has a safety block (can't push it forward until the trigger is pulled) but not the firing pin.

Hammer down, safety off.
Life isn't fair, stop expecting it to be.

Offline Hayfield123

• Yeah, go ahead. Break into my house!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:33 AM »
Hi forum members,

Press your non-trigger hand thumb in between the hammer and firing pin, squeeze the trigger until you feel the sear disconnect, take your finger off the trigger, and let the hammer gently push your thumb up and out of the way. Takes half a second and is safe since the trigger is not depressed while the hammer comes down. This is also my preferred carry condition...cocked-n-locked is not for me.
+ 1 to what websterz said.  But I don't know how much longer I'll carry my CZ 82.  My wife bought me a CZ P-06 for Christmas -.40 S&W and a decocker, so as soon as I make a holster for it, I'll start carrying the P-06 . . . with a round in the chamber and the hammer down.
SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
Jan '67 - Aug '92
NRA Life Member
S&W No.1, 3rd; S&W .38 S/A 2nd; S&W D/A 4th; S&W HE of 1903; Nagant M1895; CZ 52; CZ 82; S&W Mod 15;  Kimber Tactical Ultra II; Taurus PT738; Walther P22; CZ P-06; S&W Mod 19;KAR.98A; Win M1894 38-55; Win M94; Sears Mod 34; H&R 16ga; Win Mod 24

Offline Huff

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
There was an earlier discussion about this. Try to fine it.
I am a hammer down, one in chamber also.