Author Topic: CZ75 P-01 Grip recommendation  (Read 15230 times)

Offline gundog

CZ75 P-01 Grip recommendation
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
I have a smaller hand, and the factory grip of CZ P0-1 just seems to be a bit too much volume for my hand. My trigger finger seems to come up a little short. I have reviewed the CZcustom.com site and the grip options. The smallest are the aluminum ones for $95 then next size up are the Coco for $50.

Since I have no way of trying these before ordering, what have others experienced?

Also, if someone has a smaller set of grips they want to sell or trade for factory rubber, I would be interested.

Offline drummerboy

Re: CZ75 P-01 Grip recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
I have small hands and I really like the aluminum grips.

Offline myles

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
I'd recommend the VZ G10 grips from CZ Custom.  Only slightly less skinny, very grippy, and don't add much weight.

Offline j-vtol

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:40:54 AM »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »
here is my recomendation. I have had great luck with these and they look out of this world on the weapon. I have many grips for my guns this is my fav's

http://www.designergrips.com/samples/CZ/current/slides/p01_kev.html

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline viking499

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »
Nice pic comparison, j-vtol.

Offline TX Expat

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
Great pic! Thank you, I've been wondering how different those would be.

Offline gundog

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »

That picture is says it all........ many thanks! The VZ grips look darn close in slimness to the AL Thin grips... plus they look like they have more texture to grab.

So which pair do you use?

Offline j-vtol

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
Currently using the VZ grips. Textured g10 material grips well as myles stated. I selected black because there are too many colors to choose from. O0  Sometimes it takes a couple of different grips to get what you want, so let us know how it goes.

Offline Lobo_79

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »

I'm curious.  If you were to poll most shooters about their first CZ shooting experience you might get the expected response: I loved the ergonomics, the way it fit my hand. Grip contour and shape are big contributors to ergonomics. So, my curiosity is based on whether or not those thin grips degrade or enhance the CZ's ergonomics?

I personally would love the thin aluminum grips on my Beretta 92FS but I'm not so sure I'd want to modify the grip contour my P01...it's part of its shooting personality.
"Fighting is the central military act. . . .  Engagements mean fighting.  The object of fighting is the destruction or defeat of the enemy." Carl von Clausewitz

Offline mkd

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 06:59:41 AM »
i bought my p01 after shopping at locally and picking up different pistols i thought i might like.i knew the conceal carry law was passed in our state and a pistol i could use in that capacity was a definate consideration.after looking and handling several pistols i went back to a local shop for a second time and first picked up a cz pistol.it was the grip and feel of the cz in my hand that sold me on a cz.i did no checking on the internet and new nothing of cz till i knew that  cz was a possable purchase.now is the problem! having liked the grips on my p01 from the very start i now am wondering how i will like the p01 rubber grips in my slide guard holster.will i want or like something slimmer,less grippy,will not print as much,and not be catching or riding up on my shirt all the time. i have never conceal carried before and my first holster is not here yet,for now i am going to wait till my slide guard shows up,try my stock grip p01 in it for a while,and then make a decission  if i want something different for grips.i have several knives with g10 scales and the durability of them is outstanding.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:46:48 AM by mkd »

Offline viking499

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »
I'm curious.  If you were to poll most shooters about their first CZ shooting experience you might get the expected response: I loved the ergonomics, the way it fit my hand. Grip contour and shape are big contributors to ergonomics.

Not me.  I love the CZ, but love it more after I shorten the trigger reach and put thinner grips on it.  Now it is perfect. ;D

i now am wondering how i will like the o01 rubber grips in my slide guard holster.

You won't like it.  You want something "less grippy".  Wood, plastic or VZ material works great for me for holster carry.

Offline j-vtol

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
The stock grips are very ergo but I like the g10 feel. It would be nice if the VZ grips had some more palm swell modeled after the stock grip that I would change on the right side.

Offline mkd

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
just ordered the g10 vz grips in black for my p01. will the stock screws fit the vz grips? anything look better?

Offline digigdawg

CZ75 P-01 Grip recommendation
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
I have short fat hands with shorter fingers.  Though I can "reach" with my factory grips I find using the standard rubber grip on the weak side (left looking from back) and thin aluminum on strong side(right side looking from back/ shooting hand side) gives more a more secure/ ideal grip on the pistol.   This translates into better control and therefore accuracy( in my case). I was curious if my grip style just "felt" better or actually made a difference in my shooting so I went to the range to see. In my configuration my shots were tighter. Also this grip config allows me to use my strong hand middle finger to release the magazine (instead of my thumb). I was having a difficult time not rearranging my previous grip to release a mag and now I barely move my ring finger and I maintain a very good grip on the pistol maintaining my sight picture as well.