Author Topic: compensator SP01 open gun  (Read 7140 times)

Offline demolitionman

compensator SP01 open gun
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:25:10 PM »
Angus,

I have a question for you. I live in the Netherlands and we have a few strange rules regarding the possession of weapons. When you to posses a weapon you have to be a member of a shooting club. Then you may posses one weapon. after two year membership you may posses max. five weapons. Extra tops are not counting for a place on your permit. To have more options i want to buy SP01 Shadow Costum from van Mulekom whit an extra 9mm. "open" top and  an .22 kadet top.

The "open" top i want to equip whit a Docter III red dot mounted on the slide whit a slide racker czcostum style and compensator. What is the best way to equip an 9 mm. top whit a compensator? I have seen on the internet a few options: 1 longer Autralian or Tanfoglio Witness barrel whit compensator, 2 a barrel weight screwed on the tactial rail (i find this option not so pretty). Or is a ported barrel an option?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Offline gianmarko

Re: compensator SP01 open gun
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
not sure about the "kadet top" but the .22 conversion wont fit on a SP01 frame

how i know? i tried :-)

cheers

Offline bozwell

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:51:29 AM »
Is there a .22 conversion other than the Kadet?  In any event, I have a Kadet slide that runs just great on my SP-01 Shadow.  No real clue about the compensators though.  I know the Champion and Czechmate have some form of compensator but I haven't really hard about many people incorporating compensators onto the other CZ 75B platforms.

Offline CZwhit

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »
I tried hard to get someone to do a comp on my Shadow.  No one really wanted to do it.  I emailed almost every gunsmith I could find and called some as well.  Even contacted some that had done one before but couldn't get a deal together.  I would still love one but ended up giving up and buying a caspian.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:57 AM »
Demolitionman,

Being that you live in Europe, you probably have a better chance to acquire the parts from the factory.  You need the Champion barrel and compensator.  I don't know how much fitting is required to build one, but the way I understand is that the Champion, SP01, and Tactical Sport all have the same diameter barrel.

This picture is of a gun that was assembled by an employee of CZ-USA and was assembled by that employee at Kansas City.  The comp is no longer available in the USA, but may be through CZ-UB.

anything