Author Topic: Reasonably accurate range for a 9mm  (Read 1364 times)

asad100

Reasonably accurate range for a 9mm
« on: December 01, 2002, 01:07:30 PM »
What is the "reasonable range" at which a 9mm pistol should give accurate results ie 7 out of 7 shots on the target ( not on the bulls eye) when shot by an average enthusiast (and not an expert).
This is while keeping in mind the recoil of a 9mm pistol.
The choices are:
1- 10 meters
2- 15 meters
3- 20 meters
4- 25 meters

Offline CZ100B

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 02:10:07 PM »
Since I can hit 10 for 10 on an 18" target at 20m with my .40 I'd imagine the 9 would be even farther. I'm a fairly new shooter, so I'm not really that good at it yet, but it isn't hard at 20m.

Jeremy

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 04:01:54 PM »
If you just mean on a piece of 8.5"x11" paper, then 25m is pretty realistic.  This is a good distance to observe your bad tendencies in SA mode.  Bad tendencies in DA mode may put you off the paper at that distance.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline ut83

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 09:12:36 PM »
Sorry but if youre just talking about keeping them all on say...a paper plate sized target....7 of 7 at all of the distances.  
Im not a pro or even a great shot..but can do this with no problem...Yes , Ive been shooting for 30 years..but I know a guy I taught to shoot last year that can out shoot me, now....I GUESS YOU NEVER KNOW.

If you can keep them all on the plate at 25 yds..youre doing pretty good .....Try shooting at far away targets...50 yds or farther from a rest...first...then get close and work out to 25 yds slowly...it give you a visual baseline to work against.  

Also try shooting outdoors...I shoot much better outside...makes no sense..but works...

Shoot well