Author Topic: "Deep Thoughts by CZHEAD"  (Read 1199 times)

Offline czhead

"Deep Thoughts by CZHEAD"
« on: October 17, 2002, 05:52:43 AM »
:smokin        Ladies and Gentlemen,

Keep in mind that the 100 w/ DAO was an "idiot proof" weapon produced for police agencys. It was discussed in this forum last year that the original 110 was in the US a few years ago for a brief period. Although a confirmed sighting was never reported. It was reported to have been recalled for unknown reasons.
Now it seems a new improved version w/decocker was developed but not imported. Nor do you see any CZUB press releases concerning sales of same.
If you follow the press releases at CZUB you will see in the last two years the PCR and P-01 have been commissioned by various branches of the Chezch Govt.
It is obvious that polymer frames are either no longer popular in this arena or they are too expensive to produce. In the polymer frame SA/DA area they are also experiencing competition from Arms Moravia with the CZ-G2000.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 06:13:27 AM »
Quote:
  It is obvious that polymer frames are either no longer popular in this arena or they are too expensive to produce. In the polymer frame SA/DA area they are also experiencing competition from Arms Moravia with the CZ-G2000.
1) the market may be saturated, right now:  Glocks, XDs, and CZ-G2000s, or 2) the CZ-100 is just TOO DIFFERENT from the basic CZ design for people who admire the CZ-75 design to get comfortable with.

CZ seems to be run almost like a family business -- they build a good product and they don't seem to take a lot of marketing risks.  

Not pushing the 100 may be good business, right now, since other lines seem to be doing pretty well.  (And while they'd probably like to recoup their development costs, they aren't incurring additional expense letting it take a back seat for a while.

(For some companies, business is like war -- in term of managing their forces and resources -- and you can't afford to "fight" on a lot of different fronts at the same time.)

The CZ-100's biggest weakness is that it is so UNLIKE the CZ-75.  (Despite all of its other strengths!)

Offline czhead

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 06:29:54 AM »
You are so right.  As CZ enthusiasts, for new models, we must be willing to accept the overuns on the govt. contracts they are able to acquire. Bidness is Bidness and bulk sales are apparently good for CZUB.  I am truly happy to have discovered this line of dependable inexpensive weapons but sure wish we could get some input to these guys in CZUB land!

Offline bullsi1911

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 08:55:14 AM »
I think CZ needs to target the -100 (and 110, if they would import it) directly to the civillian CCW market.  An accurate, Compact, safe design with KILLER ergonomics- with a good holster it is almost ideal.

I also think they should offer a .357SIG barrel on the .40S&W guns.  But hey, they didn't ask me. ;)

Cossack1

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 11:06:31 AM »
Bullsi1911,
Gretings!
The subject of .357sig has tweaked my interest. Is this a do-able thing? Can the CZ100 do a conversion kind of thing? How are the .40S&W and the .357sig alike? I ask because this isn't the first time I've heard talk of the two in the same breath. I like the idea.
I am a big fan of the 1911s also, I have three.

Offline bullsi1911

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 11:15:42 AM »
The .357 SIG is a .40S&W necked down to 9mm.  So, the same magazines, frame, extractor, slide, etc... would work.  All that is needed on other guns (Glock, SIG, etc...) is a barrel swap.

Offline ut83

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 11:30:31 AM »
CZ is a strange company.  We all think they are tied up with Military/Policia contracts to care about the little U.S. population and what we want?  Youre probably right!  Did you know that out of any country/area that is in CZ's network...like the USA has CZUSA..etc.  WE are the biggest market they have?  Surprise..its true.  Now tell me why they dont seem to listen to our rants and raves about smaller more powerful guns?...I believe they are.  CCW capable guns have sold more than any other size/style of gun in ANY maker in the past 2 years.  S/autos and wheels alike!  Now we just determined that the US is the biggest market for CZ, we buy more CCW capable guns than anything else...what do you think is next?  How about the Compact Carry in a .40 S&W by the end of next year?  THATS RIGHT!....Velcum to Amedica!
Shoot well....
BTW..the 357 Sig is close to a necked down 40 to a 9mm..but not quite that simple....close though.  You do only have to change the barrel on most guns for a full blown 357 Sig gun..the 40 case size, extractor and pressures are all the same...very close anyway.
Shoot well