Author Topic: Aftermarket mags.  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Old Coastie

Aftermarket mags.
« on: September 25, 2002, 07:08:45 PM »
Does anyone out there make good quality aftermarket magazines for the 100 in .40 cal.?

I can get factory mags from cz-usa for $33 per the web site. Just looking for a second source of mags at a better price?

Can it be done?

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

cz40va

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 07:52:56 AM »
Natchez Shooters Supplies has Pro Mags for the CZ75 in .40 caliber listed @ $13.95 ea. They may extend below the Grip an inch or so but they should work because my mags for my CZ40B work but they do extend as previously mentioned.

www.natchezss.com      1-800-843-1251

Offline Old Coastie

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 03:58:59 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. I really want factory length magazines, however. I intend to use this pistol for cc, and I need two mags to replace the two I must send in to CZ-USA ( red followers ).

Thanks again.

Mike

Offline pj720

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 07:55:23 PM »
Old Coastie:  Promag makes mags for the CZ-100.  Check with them for a price I cannot remember the quote.  I received two of them from Promag for a problem with mags for my TZ-75.  I am not sure I am going to be happy with them.  I had a heck of a time getting them apart for cleaning.  I might have damaged one trying to get it apart.  Anyway, give them a call.

Offline Old Coastie

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 08:06:14 AM »
Thanks for the info. I ordered two mags. Just waiting for them to arrive so I can send my two red follower mags back to CZ-USA.

I'll let you know how they work out.

Mike

Offline bullsi1911

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 10:27:58 AM »
Does anyone have or know if there are any CZ100 9mm mags that are full cap instead of the casterated 10 rounders?

Walt-Sherrill

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2002, 01:20:34 PM »
There won't be any hi-caps for the CZ-100.  The gun was introduced after the ban, and is a unique size.  You'll have to go with mags built for a different gun.  (And even then, you may have problems.)

Does anyone know if the hi-cap mags for the Compact CZ-75B will work in these guns?

Offline bullsi1911

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2002, 08:32:25 PM »
I tried swapping mags between the two.  They fit, locked in, locked back the slide.... but that is the only way that I have gotten my -100 to jam so far was using those mags.  At least 2 stoppages per mag.

Walt-Sherrill

Aftermarket mags.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2002, 06:48:07 AM »
Springs are generally the weak point with Pro-Mag magazines.  

Try swapping out the factory springs for the Pro-mags.  If that fixes the problem, order some replacement springs from Wolff springs, and you'll be set.

(I used EAA Witness factory mags in my CZ-40B.  I had to enlarge the mag catch notch on the top side, but they worked flawlessly thereafter.  The extended a fraction more than the CZ-40B factory mags, but also had the metal base plates, which I prefer to the factory plastic.  These were CHEAP!: $7.99 from CDNN.  They don't have any at the moment, however.  These would extend farther in the CZ-100 than you'd probably like.)

You've got to check CDNN frequently to take advantage of their great prices and sales.  

www.cdinninvestments.com

A .40 mag for one of compact versions of the clones MIGHT work in the CZ-100, but it can be costly finding out.