Author Topic: Kadet pistol dry fire - 22LR Snap Cap alternate solution  (Read 4263 times)

Offline FF1063

Re: Kadet pistol dry fire - 22LR Snap Cap alternate solution
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
I cut an earplug in half so you have a rounded end and a cylindrical end. I wedge the rounded end in the slot at the rear of the slide with the rounded end down and the cut end up. You want to make sure it doesn't sit too low.

Online joerchi69

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 06:31:27 AM »
Using painters o-ring solution for dry fire instead of snap caps - the FP not even gets hit and wear.

Offline eastman

Re: Kadet pistol dry fire issues?
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
I've read somewhere that #4 x 7/8" plastic drywall anchors fit in lieu of 22LR snap caps. Much cheaper too. I bought a package of 100 at Home Depot for about $3.50. Yes, they fit perfectly. Just manually insert into the chamber and replace as needed during your dry fire sessions.

BTW, yes, I finally own a Kadet pistol.  ;D

drywall anchors feed reliably from the magazine when using my Kadet for dryfire.
I don't look like my avatar!

Online Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 01:50:26 PM »
I've read somewhere that #4 x 7/8" plastic drywall anchors fit in lieu of 22LR snap caps. Much cheaper too. I bought a package of 100 at Home Depot for about $3.50. Yes, they fit perfectly. Just manually insert into the chamber and replace as needed during your dry fire sessions.

drywall anchors feed reliably from the magazine when using my Kadet for dryfire.

Will those drywall anchors feed from other 22LR mags?

Offline eastman

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 10:44:33 PM »

Ruger MkII - YES
Ruger Charger (pistol version of the 10/22) - YES
Hi-Standard pistols - Not reliably

I'm not sure about the Browning Nomad

Offline chomorro

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

Ruger MkII - YES
Ruger Charger (pistol version of the 10/22) - YES
Hi-Standard pistols - Not reliably

I'm not sure about the Browning Nomad
To add onto this list I use them with mp 15 22 mags, gsg 1911, ruger sr22. And they fed fine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline eastman

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:03 AM »
not a pistol, but the drywall anchors also feed reliably from the CZ 455 magazine