Author Topic: Need help choosing between 3 CZs  (Read 4134 times)

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Need help choosing between 3 CZs
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Yeah, there was some small details that I was hoping those that owned the pistols could help with. Things like wear in relation to the steel frames and the two alloy versions. I didn't want to rely solely on ascetic reasons if I could avoid it. Features wise they are all close enough to not be enough to help the decision. I am leaning towards the the P-01 as I believe it has a better alloy in the frame. She has no preference between them to help the choice either.

I don't think anyone has worn an alloy frame out. If there is a difference in the frame alloy I would like to see a link to that.  There are multiple posts by very informed members debunking that.

Two features not mentioned that make the PCR better suited as a carry gun are the low profile sights and the load chamber indicator.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »
I have a 25 year old alloy framed Sig 226. It will outlast me, and I have no reason to think CZ firearms are any different. Any of the firearms you have listed would be a great buy and it really comes down to a personal preference.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline marine6680

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »
Yeah, there was some small details that I was hoping those that owned the pistols could help with. Things like wear in relation to the steel frames and the two alloy versions. I didn't want to rely solely on ascetic reasons if I could avoid it. Features wise they are all close enough to not be enough to help the decision. I am leaning towards the the P-01 as I believe it has a better alloy in the frame. She has no preference between them to help the choice either.

I don't think anyone has worn an alloy frame out. If there is a difference in the frame alloy I would like to see a link to that.  There are multiple posts by very informed members debunking that.

Two features not mentioned that make the PCR better suited as a carry gun are the low profile sights and the load chamber indicator.

Really... may need to look in to that. If you have links please share.

The decision is hard, I was hoping that someone would have info that would lean me one way or another. Now I am stuck between the P-01 and PCR again.

Offline marine6680

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 04:40:06 AM »
Found a bit more info... it says the P-01 has a forged alloy frame and the PCR is cast alloy. I prefer forged over cast.

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
now just to find one in inventory ;D

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »
Found a bit more info... it says the P-01 has a forged alloy frame and the PCR is cast alloy. I prefer forged over cast.

Here is one of my information sources. Both are the same per CZ and it covers the "NATO #" misinformation.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=43940.15
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Tgwolfwood1981

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »
I just got done reading this whole thread.  It sounds to me that you have made a choice and don't know it yet.  You have some concerns about the alloy frames (go all steel), she will be using it as a range gun and home protection (don't need compact).  Sounds to me like she needs the sp-01 or a 75BD, Everything she needs nothing she doesn't.  All steel, 9mm, decocker, longer sight radius, a little more weight(easier second shot when shtf), more capacity. 
  I bought my wife an m&p9c,  she hated it.  Ended up taking a liking to my semi compact baby eagle.  Sold the m&p and got myself a P-01.  Point being she actually enjoys the extra weight. (as many know all steel baby eagles are anything but lightweights.)
  I agree with several of the previous posts in that she needs to be the one who picks it out.  Good luck, and be grateful your loved one enjoys shooting.  It's a blessing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:44:54 PM by Tgwolfwood1981 »
CZ P-01
IMI semi compact Jericho
Areoprecision AR-15
Ithaca break away 20ga single shot

Online Stuart

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 08:40:26 PM »
We have a P01 with some custom stuff on it at the shop that is available.

Offline marine6680

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 03:23:25 AM »
I just got done reading this whole thread.  It sounds to me that you have made a choice and don't know it yet.  You have some concerns about the alloy frames (go all steel), she will be using it as a range gun and home protection (don't need compact).  Sounds to me like she needs the sp-01 or a 75BD, Everything she needs nothing she doesn't.  All steel, 9mm, decocker, longer sight radius, a little more weight(easier second shot when shtf), more capacity. 
  I bought my wife an m&p9c,  she hated it.  Ended up taking a liking to my semi compact baby eagle.  Sold the m&p and got myself a P-01.  Point being she actually enjoys the extra weight. (as many know all steel baby eagles are anything but lightweights.)
  I agree with several of the previous posts in that she needs to be the one who picks it out.  Good luck, and be grateful your loved one enjoys shooting.  It's a blessing.

I was mostly concerned between cast and forged... Steel is always harder wearing in the end though.

I would assume that the internals are all the same. It becomes a problem trying to keep all the parts separated and in stock when you use several versions of the same part. Most manufacturers try to keep as many parts common between models as they can.

Thats an assumption... so I was hoping to find hard fact on yes or no... seems like they are.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
A friend has all three, and prefers the steel 75B compact, easiest to handle of the lot, just a bit or weight though in comparison.
I have a P01, and am getting contemplating the two tone 75B compact sooner than later!
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline marine6680

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 05:53:01 AM »
I would get the steel compact but it does not have a decocker.

I was looking at the full size BD model, but having magazines that fit in both pistols but in 2 calibers, I see that as a possible issue. Unless the followers are different colors. (the 40s are black) When loaded it should be obvious, but even then... things happen.

The toss up now is between the P-01 or PCR. Finding one in stock will probably be the deciding factor.

Offline johnnyrees

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »
you got any hair left brother....get a 75 b and then do what ever mods you want to do after about 2000/3000 rounds....if you need to...putting a few thousand rounds through your new pistol O0sounds like hard work ::)by then the missus will out shoot you O0shoot safe and more power to the missus 8)

Offline Tgwolfwood1981

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »
On the decocker models the internals are the same. Only difference is the p-01 has the recurve smooth trigger and the pcr has the standard serrated trigger.  Can't remember what the sp-01 or the 75bd has for triggers.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:25:18 AM by Tgwolfwood1981 »
CZ P-01
IMI semi compact Jericho
Areoprecision AR-15

Offline Tgwolfwood1981

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »
As far as magazines are concerned the p-01 has the rubber mag plates which would make grabbing one in the dark the easiest the discern from the magazines for the cz you already have.
CZ P-01
IMI semi compact Jericho
Areoprecision AR-15

Offline marine6680

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 02:14:59 PM »
Ran across the sig 2022 as well... arg... Seems a nice gun at a good price.

HA... I hope she figures out what she prefers before I go crazy.  :o

anything