Author Topic: Lets see your wood grips  (Read 42403 times)

IronOutlaw

Lets see your wood grips
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »
Well I put a CZ85 Combat on layaway yesterday ;D. Gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks. It was the only one I could find and it seems like a VERY nice weapon with a very nice trigger so I went ahead and put a payment on it. I however don't like the plastic grips. I want some nice wooden grips. Ive looked at both Hakan and Omegas sits but would like to see some of your guys big high resolution pics. I also looked at Hogue's website but the Hakan and Omegas look a lot better. If you guys have any other companies to look at I would appreciate suggestions.

Also how do you guys like a smooth finish? IMO the smooth looks a lot better than checkered. Can you grip it ok when shooting with hot sweaty hands? My gun is going to be a range toy and nightstand queen. How long are the finishes lasting on these custom grips?

So bring on the pics!

Offline gunguru

• DVC
Re: Lets see your wood grips
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
Not a CZ, but grips are a custom work by myself

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.
william_s_burroughs

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »
Old picture

The RAMI grips are still here - up close of the now departed P-01 grips,

The nicest set of Hakan grips I ever had...now guarding an old friend.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
Flame Ambione...they were perfect.

Offline allright

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Armoredman, are you selling the Rami grips? ;D

Old picture

The RAMI grips are still here - up close of the now departed P-01 grips,

FileMaker db developer in CA USA

Developer of FileMaker databases

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
Nope, sorry, those belong to my blushing bride, and she is very fond of them. 8)

Offline mimorr

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CMMG Ar-15 .223/.556, CZ 75 PO-1 9mm, CZ 82 9mm Mak, Marlin Model 60 .22lr, Beretta 92fs 9mm

Offline rvbgtr

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
Mimorr,

How would you compare those walnut grips with the CZ cocobolos?  Do the walnut grips have a similar profile?  Are they walnut grips wider, thinner or about the same as the cocobolos?

Thanks

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:44:33 AM »
Here are a few more:

Houges on top, CZ coco half checker, and the discountinued CZ Snake Skin

Got these Nill-Griffe grips yesterday for the 97 but they make them and others for the 75B frame, http://www.nill-shop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=cz+75&search_in_description=1&x=54&y=14;

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »
Mimorr,

How would you compare those walnut grips with the CZ cocobolos?  Do the walnut grips have a similar profile?  Are they walnut grips wider, thinner or about the same as the cocobolos?

Thanks

I am wonder about the profile also.  When I saw them I thought they were these;

I was told that these were an old CZ style. They feel great just need something to put them on!

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline coolbox

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 03:42:45 AM »

Got these Nill-Griffe grips yesterday for the 97 but they make them and others for the 75B frame, http://www.nill-shop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=cz+75&search_in_description=1&x=54&y=14;

Nice.
Will these fit the TS frame? I can do away with the magwell..
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »
I didn't see anything on the website about the TS frame and don't know the frame differences. When I researched these I found a web "tutorial" from a guy that dremelized them to fit an EAA frame.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline mimorr

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
Mimorr,

Thanks

Hey! they are very similar, and both great.  Yes they have a similar profile, and as far as width they are both very thin (which i like)  however there are a few things that make me prefer the walnut grips 1)  I realized after owning both that i really prefer the half checkered pattern better. 2)  I like the cocos but they feel very generic and "machined" if that makes sense.  They are almost totally flat and straight where the walnuts have a lot more shape and contour especially for your thumb. 3)  The walnuts are NOT STAINED which I really love it gives them a very natural look and feel where as the coco's are very stained and glossy to the point where they almost look and feel like plastic. 4) I think that the walnut grips look better.  AGAIN they are both great but if i had to only have one it would clearly be the walnut.
CMMG Ar-15 .223/.556, CZ 75 PO-1 9mm, CZ 82 9mm Mak, Marlin Model 60 .22lr, Beretta 92fs 9mm

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 01:52:28 AM »

Nice.
Will these fit the TS frame? I can do away with the magwell..

And Joe (75Plus) makes cool Base Plates for these Grips too  8)

So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !