Author Topic: Nutnfancy Video Review on the .40 cal P-07 Duty  (Read 12739 times)

Offline marine6680

Re: Nutnfancy Video Review on the .40 cal P-07 Duty
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »
^ What he said...  ;D

I'm not knowledgeable on the serial numbers, but this was a good place to ask, as there are plenty who can answer your questions. If not one person, then another.

I am not a fan of how the P-07 feels in the hand. Its not bad really, its just that I personally don't care for it as much as others. The p-01/06 would be my personal choice. The SP-01 Phantom is polymer as well, but seems to be closer to the standard CZ75 grip.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:28:02 AM by marine6680 »

Offline Johnny Numbers

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
My P07 is a B03XXXX SN 9mm with approx 500 rounds through it and it has been flawless.

I also never understood why Nutnfancy gets hated on like he does (noticed mostly on other gun forums) but one thing is certain...he does offer up an honest review. From what he described in his test, I'm going to have to agree. I love this gun, but he's right...it's wide. I don't personally find that as a major con, yet, but I haven't tried carrying it. The ergos...very comfortable in MY hand.
So with that said, I enjoyed his review.

Just to add something... I read several forums centered around different gun manufacturers and I find it interesting that here lately, most of the problems that I recall reading about are pointing at the 40 S&W. IDK...maybe its just me. I own 4 polymer framed 9mm pistols from different manufacturers and they have all been lights out reliable. Not a single malfunction at all with ANY of them. I'm not suggesting that the 9mm is perfect by any means and I know there are lemons with any gun in any caliber, but its something I have noticed lately.     
CZ 75 Compact
CZ 75 P07 Duty 9mm
CZ 82

Offline pdx650

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Thursday,

I very much appreciate the heads-up warning. Thanks.
     In time I do want to get some 9mm pistols too. I wonder if CZ would be willing to enlighten a prospective buyer when the .40's start losing their deficiencies. Maybe I'll have to write them. I hope they crawl through this forum to see what owners and buyers are saying about their products. I bet they are.

I really like the look of the P-01/06 compact, but they are for right-hand firers/shooters. I am not the majority in this area, which sucks and I like the decocker/safety controls that are swapped out for each other.

Wish list in order and controls are ambidextrous, if I gathered my intel properly:
     -P-07 duty .40
     -SP-01 Tactical .40
     -75B

-Mosin Nagant

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:49:15 PM by pdx650 »
Love my P-07 Duty

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »
pdx650 - the CZ85 has ambidextrous controls.

CZ 85 B - http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-85-b/

CZ 85 Combat - http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-85-combat/
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline coolbox

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
This is 9mm, by the way.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

RIGHTWING CZ

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
From What I hear... the older ones had some issues with the frame being too soft and a spring causing a bulge.

New ones have fixed this problem by using stiffer polymer, but some of the older ones are still lurking unsold. If you get one, CZ will usually replace it for a newer one.

Most on this forum have high opinions of the P-07.

The 9mm may be more likely to be 100% reliable than the .40, but that is speculation. There are a few instances of lemon P-07s out there, but CZ repaired/replaced the pistol and the person was satisfied. Any gun model will have a small percentage of defects in a production lot... its when a model has a very high rate of lemons that you should be wary. I have not seen that with the P-07 from my research.

The biggest major defects I have seen have been a few cases of a broken spring that caused the pistol to stop functioning.

The rest have been FTF that are either ammo related, or pretty easy to fix with a good polishing of the breech face, extractor, and feed ramp. (maybe an hour's work using a dremel polishing wheel) Or let CZUSA do the work under warranty.

All the problem guns have shown up in the first few hundred rounds. (500 or so) So if you get one, start putting rounds through it and see how it does. If you can get through 500 rounds with no problems then you are probably good to go.

I have two CZ 75Bs but not a P-07... I have had one FTF in my .40 and a quick polishing sorted that out. The 9mm has been flawless so far.

I sent my P-07 9mm serial A8xxxx produced in 2010 back to CZ USA 3 weeks ago with slide not locking back on final round but locking back on still loaded magazine and failure of mags to drop free issues. I got my replacement this morning hot off the FED EX truck. The serial of the replacement gun is A6xxxx and produced in 2009. I called CZ and asked them and they CLAIM that the factory just had some old serial numbers laying around and are using them up but the guns are supposed to have all the upgrades present. I haven't fired the gun yet but will be doing so in the next couple days. I can only hope I'm getting the full story here as I can already see the early stages of the frame bulge which was prevelant on the early guns. I can't help feeling like I just got some one elses early model problem child.

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
The S/N doesn't matter as much as the manufacture date, which is the two digits next to the Lion crest. If your original pistol was a 2010 and now you have a 2009 then I agree I would by contacting CZ-USA and telling them to either give me my 2010 gun back or send me a new gun.
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

RIGHTWING CZ

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
Yes well that is just the thing. I called CZ USA already and the response I got was basically. we warranted your old gun and gave you an older gun and that's the way it is. So I think at this point I'm done with the PO-7 and I'll just put it up for sale in the consignment case at the local range. The shame of it is that I have nothing but praise for my PCR and my 75 BD but I can find nothing good to say about my P0-7 other than when it works it's a fine gun but it has to stay working!

Offline bozwell

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
I'd be tempted to give it one last try.  Explain to them that you purposefully bought one with a more-recent manufacture date and that you have no interest in a replacement with an older manufacture date, and request that they, although it's somewhat of a PITA to do it, replace it with a more recently manufactured CZ.  That's not an unreasonable request, given the history of these guns, and I have a feeling that you may be able to convince them to give you a newer P07 with some persistence. 

RIGHTWING CZ

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
Well here's the rub on that. The gun I just sent back was a replacement from CZ USA for another. The first P-07 which was also an A6xxxx serial numbered gun. I asked them why they where replacing the entire gun at that time and they stated that the early serial numbered guns had "diverse issues" and any sent back for warranty work would be replaced. So now I'm back to square one. I may give it a try but the issues don't typically show up till between 5-700 rounds. I've been fooling with this model for 2.5 years now and I'am really pretty put off at the moment as I wanted this as a multi-purpose concealed carry home defense pistol and after all this time I just can't possibly justify using the gun in that capacity.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 01:02:53 AM »
Back on the Topic of NutnFancy's Video Review! 

Address your possible issues and commentary of the P07 Duty design in a separate or related thread.  >:(

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline mitchg233

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:34 AM »
Fancy is like a broken clock.

As for plastic Cz's, they will go away soon.

RIGHTWING CZ

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

+1

Offline Thursday

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »
I dont mind Nutnfancy. He does have a talent for going off on tangents despite having a structured list of categories he wants to talk about. That's something, when he stays on script, that I like about him. Some other youtubers just turn the camera on and go and their review is all over the place.

To his review of the P07 specifically, I agree with him that the slide locking back on a magazine with rounds still in it is a big concern. However his concern about the rear sights getting in the way of him cocking the hammer was a reach I felt. He said he wanted to like the gun but with comments like that it seemed to me that he was looking for reason to not like it. Especially when he said how he like how the sights sat back on the slide.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:47:49 AM by Thursday »

Offline Thursday

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »

I would really like you to elaborate on that last comment (not to be argumentative but just to kbow why you think that) but I think it would take the thread off topic again  :-X

anything