Author Topic: I think there is something wrong with my P01, REALLY hard to rack  (Read 7730 times)

Offline mimorr

Re: I think there is something wrong with my P01, REALLY hard to rack
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »
agreed
CMMG Ar-15 .223/.556, CZ 75 PO-1 9mm, CZ 82 9mm Mak, Marlin Model 60 .22lr, Beretta 92fs 9mm

Offline jhabers

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »
If the gun still runs flawless for me with the lighter spring its a double plus for me

Offline mimorr

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
thats true.  Let us know how it works
CMMG Ar-15 .223/.556, CZ 75 PO-1 9mm, CZ 82 9mm Mak, Marlin Model 60 .22lr, Beretta 92fs 9mm

Offline jhabers

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »
I def. will, been trying to get to the range but my 10mo old keeps me pretty busy. I asked for a range punch card for fathers day so hopefully that will give me an excuse to go :)

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
Just take em with you in one of those baby paks....LOL

Offline jhabers

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
LOL...I was already talking to my wife (and daughter) about when she gets a little older we are gonna build an AR for her...all pinked out ;)

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »
LOL...I was already talking to my wife (and daughter) about when she gets a little older we are gonna build an AR for her...all pinked out ;)

Sorry for the unrelated link to the OP but you may enjoy this

Offline 1saxman

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
Mine is pretty new, about 100 rounds. I'd say that comparing the slide pull to all my other pistols in all calibers, it's about in the middle. It's actually just about the same as my FEG Hi-Power, pulling both with the hammer in battery. My worst one is a new FEG PA63. It has a ferocious hammer spring in it. I have to cock the hammer to draw the slide, and the double-action trigger pull is probably 30 lbs. I'm definitely going to put the Wolff spring set in that one (lighter hammer spring and stronger recoil spring). As for your P-01, I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I'll tell you that I use a special lubricant on this pistol - Dupont Multi-Purpose Dry Teflon Lube Spray. It hits the gun as a liquid that quickly penetrates all seams before it evaporates, leaving behind a dry, waxy coating containing Teflon that is easy to see and wipe off where not wanted. 

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 12:52:15 AM »
I had a baby eagle polymer compact that was a bit stiff at first but after taking it to the range a few time running around 150 rounds it softened up a bit.  I am sure that changing the spring will work, you can always replace with the original ones again if need be.

Offline jim243

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Just checked mine and it is still pretty stiff (after 250 rounds), but I can rack it with just the thumb and forefinger of the weak hand on the back serations.  You have to remember to push the gun forward with the strong side hand at the same time you are racking the slide.

Jim
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline wasilak

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
I hold it in my right hand.  Hold the gun so the barrel is parallel with your chest.  Reach across with left hands thumb and index finger and grab knurling near rear sites.  Hold the gun in place with your left hand grip and use right hand to rack the slide.  Pushing the gun and not pulling the slide is way easier.  Remember to let go of slide or throw it forward a little.  Never ease it closed.
CZ P-01
CZ......(Currently begging mummy for another)

anything