Author Topic: Jericho 941F  (Read 17321 times)

Offline Bret

Jericho 941F
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
About 20 years ago I saw a 9mm Baby Eagle (Jericho) with a frame mounted safety in a local gun store.  I wish that I would have bought it, but I didn't have the money.  Since, I've only ever seen them with slide mounted safeties.  The slide mounted safeties have always seemed backwards to me.  I received an email from GunBroker on a search that I saved (941F).  Coles Distributing listed one that I believe is from surplus Israeli firearms that they've been auctioning.  It will be $452 after delivery and transfer which is high, but I just had to get it.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=293894222
I don't know what to make of the fact that the hammer is down with the trigger back.  Any ideas?

I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Offline Jessie James 58

Re: Jericho 941F
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »
It may be one of the single action only models.

Offline Bret

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »
I did not know there was such a model.  Please elaborate.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »
There were no Single Action only models.

The Frame Mounted Safety models are a bit rare and very desirable.  When you find one, grab it!
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline jjdurso

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
The trigger being set so far back caught my attention right away too.  The trigger on my Uzi Eagle is right where you'd expect on a double action pistol, you'll have to give us an update when you get it!

Offline Bret

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »
It may be one of the single action only models.
You are correct sir!  Take a look at the following picture.  The Jericho 941F frame is on the left and a Witness Classic frame is on the right.

See that the top front of the Jericho trigger is not relieved like the top front of the Witness trigger.  Therefore, the Jericho trigger can't rotate forward very far.  The result is that the Jericho will only operate in single action mode.  Based on a quick glance of the internals, I can't tell any other differences, but I'm not 100% sure.  I'm very pleased with this find.  I scored a variety of a pistol that I didn't even know existed.  Since I don't use any of my CZ's or clones in double action mode, the lack of a double action trigger isn't a problem. ;D

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:44 AM »
  The result is that the Jericho will only operate in single action mode.  Based on a quick glance of the internals, I can't tell any other differences, but I'm not 100% sure.  I'm very pleased with this find.  I scored a variety of a pistol that I didn't even know existed.  Since I don't use any of my CZ's or clones in double action mode, the lack of a double action trigger isn't a problem. ;D

Technically, it doesn't exist.  At least not officially as a production or custom shop item.  Someone has converted this Pistol to Single Action only.  Would not be hard to do, given compatibility of some custom Tanfoglio parts.

For many, it was already a very desirable Pistol with it's Frame Mounted Safety.  For you in particular, it is a highly desirable custom handgun with features you like!  Count yourself very lucky to have this Gem of a Handgun!  8)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline eddieturbo2

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
Bret you got very lucky. I have always wanted one full size with the frame safety like that. I always miss them when they pop up.

I do have a 941FB the compact version of yours that I am very happy with it just needs a big brother now.

Offline Bret

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
Yes, I did get lucky. ;D

I really think that your 941FB needs its big brother to teach it life skills.  Perhaps you should just sell it to me. 8)

Offline eddieturbo2

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
lol. I was actualy thinking the other way around.  ;D

Coles Distributing does find some nice guns every once and a while. I actualy got one of the very first AT-84 pistols that were still made with "CZ parts" from him a while back.

This is my FB

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And my AT-84

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Bret

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:31 PM »
Wow!  Both are very nice.  If you ever decide to sell...

Offline eddieturbo2

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 07:02:40 PM »
Thanks I will let you know. So Have you had a chance to shoot your 941F yet? That single action setup looks like it will work well. I would like to see some more pictues of yours as well.

I also wanted to let you know there is a fella selling a nickle plated 941FS on gun broker "its the semi compact"

Offline Bret

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
I'm out of town right now, but I will post some pictures up soon.

I saw the 941FS on Gunbroker.  He's asking too much for me to buy it, but he'll probably get what he's asking from someone else.  I would probably buy it, but I know that flaw in the finish would bother me.

Offline Bret

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
I was getting magazines loaded up to take my 941F shooting and I noticed something kind of odd.  The factory magazines that came with my full sized steel framed Witness Classic (small frame) won't lock in the 941F.  They just won't go up far enough in the magazine well.  However, the Mec-Gar magazines that I've been using in the same Witness will lock in the 941F just fine.  Hopefully, they work reliably.  It just goes to show that when it comes to magazines for these CZ varitants, you can't make any assumptions.

Offline Bret

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
I took my 941F to the range today and shot 25rds of Geco 124gr FMJ, 50rds of Remington 115gr FMJ (nickel cased), and 50rds of Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ.  The pistol was completely reliable.  Oddly, most spent cases were thrown straight out to the right instead of to the right and back that is typical of most pistols.  Accuracy was very good.  This pistol definitely puts the bullets where you aim them.  Unlike my CZ's, the dots on the sights are large enough for me to see them well.  The single action trigger was nice.  I prefer it over having a double action trigger.  The only negative that I can think of about the trigger was that it was a little rough as it was being reset.  As you would expect, this is a heavy pistol.  I'm sure this helps in the accuracy department, but I wouldn't want to carry it unless it was open carried on my hip in a good quality holster.  Bottom line here, if you're lucky enough to find a 941F, don't hesitate to pick it up.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:35:27 PM by Bret »

anything