Author Topic: Ariete Laser Sights  (Read 6470 times)

Offline lostinvt

Ariete Laser Sights
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
Anybody have the Ariete laser sight?

http://shop.arietearms.com/CZ-75-Magnetic-Laser-Sight-CZ7501.htm

The price looks right

Thanks!
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Offline Timwah

Re: Ariete Laser Sights
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
I took the plunge and purchased an Ariete laser sight for my CZ 75B.  Put a few hundred para rounds through the weapon and I'm convinced!  This thing rocks and for the price, it cannot be beat.  Haven't tried it with the Kadet Kit, but that should be fun.

Was wary of Crimson Trace only because they involve both a vertical and horizontal offset.  Plus, a CT meant I would have to dump my CZ rubber grips... yeah, that's not happening.  Was pleased to find Ariete offering a product that only involves a vertical offset.

Zeroed in the sight at 50 feet, since that's what I shoot at the range.  Fifty feet made the most sense to me, even for personal defense, since any shot, sub 50 feet, can only be off by 1.5 vertical inches...  I can deal with that.  It retains zero as promised - that magnet is truly a beast! 

If the switch is slightly out of reach of your finger, you can easily adjust the distance to the switch by loosening the four screws by the magnet and sliding the laser tube toward the trigger.  The switch appears reliable, it simply slides through the butt of the laser tube right to left to turn "on,"  left to right to turn "off."

The quality of the product is excellent, both the laser and the bracket.  That said, I immediately sought to improve the product a little....   O0 

1) Dumped those pedestrian alkaline button cells and replaced them with some Energizer 357/303 multi-drain silver-oxide cells, essentially "mil-spec," for a brighter red dot and added reliability. 

2) Shrunk a little heat-shrink tubing around the little metal hook that goes inside the trigger guard to prevent it from chipping away at the polycoat during that incredibly-quick install/removal process - shrink it on, snip off the end, heat up the overhang, and pinch it off.  Done and done.

3) Added a small strip of black label-writer tape in three spots on the weapon's frame to prevent wear to the polycoat.  One long strip for the magnet, two little strips on either side for the mount.   

Like I said, I'm impressed. 8)