Author Topic: Thinking of trading  (Read 5405 times)

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
Thinking of trading
« on: December 19, 2001, 12:19:03 AM »
I have a CZ75 Compact with factory wood grips.  I am thinking about trading it for the Compact PCR.  What do you guys think?  Also, do you think I could trade close to even?  This compact has the dual recoil spring setup, but I have purchased two new springs from CZ-USA and two from Wolff.
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

Unregistered(d)

Thinking of trading
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2001, 05:56:51 AM »
Who imported it?

Offline ut83

Thinking of trading
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2001, 07:54:23 AM »
If you have a dual spring compact...its older..near first run.
The pcr is not alot more than the compact..the problem you may run into is a "used" gun has vary different trade in value depending on where you go...I dont think you can trade straight across...If you can jump on it, NOW....
Hey, pssst... How much do you want for your wolf recoil springs ...I NEED a 20#...let me know ...shoot well

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
Thinking of trading
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2001, 01:30:46 AM »
The little gun says:  A.A.L. , Philadelphia.  I assume that this is Action Arms.  It is in like new condition.  Very little sign of having been handled.  I do not believe that it has been fired other than factory.

If I am going to get a PCR then I will need the springs, but I do have both an 18# and 20# in the package.  I guess I could sell my Beretta Cougar 45ACP. 8)

Offline ut83

Thinking of trading
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2001, 08:17:05 AM »
Cougar?  My fav Beretta...sniff, sniff!  Rough choice...man!
Good luck and let us know...shoot well

Unregistered(d)

Thinking of trading
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2001, 10:56:05 AM »
Do want to sell it & if so how much?

Unregistered(d)

Thinking of trading
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2001, 11:08:49 AM »
If you do want to sell it I want it all original, WITH THE ORIGINAL SPRINGS.I know this is a dumb question but will you sell it with it's original hi-cap mag it came with?

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
Thinking of trading
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2001, 10:21:55 PM »
I might sell it outright.  I always keep all the original parts for my guns with them. If I decide to sell it I would let the original mag (13rd) go with it.  I have the original box, target, and papers, as well as the new springs from CZ, the Wolff springs and the dual springs that came in the gun.  They are very spongy.  Slide hesitates on completely going into battery when handling it with the original springs.  No problem with the new coil springs.  I have not fired the gun.

CZ75ID

Thinking of trading
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2001, 12:53:27 AM »
Sell the beretta, keep the CZ..
if its AA is it a round trigger guard Compact?

But then again..if a CZFer buys it. it's still "in the family" so to speak:)

and you will be buying an very improved compact.PCRs are super nice
guns.

i doubt if any CZ can touch the ultra sweet SA trigger my new CZ has.

Unregistered(d)

Thinking of trading
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2001, 01:02:42 AM »
Let me know if you do. Are you still looking for CZ83 hicaps& if so would you be interested in a partial trade?

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
Thinking of trading
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2001, 10:09:01 PM »
I will mull it over.  Always hate to get rid of a gun.  The idea of the compact in 40S&W is intriguing.

FWIW the 40/9MM controversy is overblown for the civilian market.  Normal (non-LEO's) probably won't be doing much shooting through car doors and the such.  The cheaper cost of the guns and ammo in 9MM make practice cheaper.  Further, the Israelis seem to do quite well with their 9MM weapons.  Unless my eyes deceived me the CIA agent who escaped the rebellion at the prison in Mazar-I-Shariff was toting a Beretta.  Unless those fellows are using something different than the military he used a 9MM to send 3 terrorists to meet Allah and escaped with his own life.

everythingsjake

Thinking of trading
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2001, 05:31:21 PM »
I know that the PCR is a newer design than the Compact but I've heard the PCR has a really awfull trigger pull. Always fixable, but unless there is some problem with your Compact, why trade it? If it ain't broke... and all that.

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
Thinking of trading
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2001, 01:21:02 AM »
I guess I got enamored with the thought of "alloy frame and decocker."  But, if the triggers are that bad, i just keep the Compact.  I still haven't fired it (Yes, I am ashamed to admit that).  It has a reasonable trigger in DA and good trigger in SA.  Only a little time with some good warm loads wil let me know if it needs a trip to the 'smith.

Offline ut83

Thinking of trading
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2001, 07:57:32 AM »
Weemsf,
I think if you unload it without shooting it , you are doing both of you an injustice. (yes, I know I am referring to the gun in 3rd person ..Im weird!)  Shoot the darn thing and let
us know what you think..how much does a cougar sell for anyway?  shoot well

Offline JH

Thinking of trading
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2001, 11:44:28 AM »
the PCR does have a little creep in the trigger but breaks very crisply.  I have fired a few Ruger and S&W auto pistols and prefer the trigger of my PCR to them, although it isn't as nice as my 75B.  I went with the PCR for a light-weight summer carry gun and feel pretty good about it.

anything