Author Topic: CZ-52 problems  (Read 947 times)

Offline snittler

CZ-52 problems
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »
Need some help please!!

Just received my CZ-52 from Aim -- looked like it was brand new -- also bought 700 rounds of Romanian surplus from AIM.  I fired the pistol and most of the time it would eject the casing but then the slide would not move all the way forward.  It would stop about 2 inches short of locking up for the next shot.  I could simply push the slide forward then it would shoot.

In addition several times the gun would fire and then lock up -- I could not move it forward or backwards -- the only solution was to pull the slide release "tabs" and let it move forward.  This did not work a couple of times so I had to take the whole slide off -- very disconcerting with a live round in the chamber.

Also I experienced the de cocker safety issue first hand -- upon decocking the gun went off -- scared the crap out of me.

Long story short -- is this a recoil spring issue??  Does the gun have too many issues -- should I return it??

Please let me know what you think -- thanks for the help!!>:

gclark94560

CZ-52 problems
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »
Hi!

There have been several reports of difficulty in getting the slide completely into battery.  It seems to be an oversized round and/or minimum sized chamber problem.  In short it is an ammo issue.

Get a box of S&B FMJ ammo and shoot it all. Tough job but someone has to do it! :lol

If it all cycles fine - it's the junk ammo.

There has also been info posted on fixing the slamfire issue.  I don't remember the fix but I think it involves a spring on the firing pin to hold it back from the primer.

Offline Keeterbird

CZ-52 problems
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:34:22 AM »
Could be the spring.  I had same thing with mine.  Purchased a new 18lb spring and have shot 700 rounds flawlessly since.  When I have had ammo problems-plenty of them- it has often been an inabilityof the round to eject.

can get wolfe spring from Makarov.com

Keeterbird

anything