Author Topic: CZ 100 .40 parts/custom work  (Read 24651 times)

Offline Z32

CZ 100 .40 parts/custom work
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
Hello all, I'm new here.  Well, new to the firearm world really. 

I recently purchased my first firearm, basically on a whim.  Well in short I just purchased a CZ100 [.40 S&W], a later 2000+ model.  I took it to the range today and it feels fantastic, lower recoil than I expected, and a great weight for a guy my size. [I'm roughly 6'2" and 125lbs.] 

But the problems came when I picked up one of my spent casings and noticed a strange pattern on the primer.  A guy at the range said it seems that my firing pin isn't retracting as quickly as it should.  So I got curious when I got home and started looking into spare parts and custom parts, but alas can't find anything, even CZ-USA seems to not carry much. 

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to go to find replacement/aftermarket parts for my 100.  [Firing pin springs, recoil spring and guide rod, extra magazines, aftermarket trigger, ect.]  That is, if there are any places/shops/companies that would carry, manufacture, or custom do this sort of thing.

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
Re: CZ 100 .40 parts/custom work
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am tempted to buy a CZ 100 but have been hesitant due to the somewhat rarity of these handguns. Two of the best CZ shops I know of are http://czcustom.com/ and http://www.cajungunworks.com/ . Hopefully they can help you out. Keep us posted.  8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Z32

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 06:10:17 AM »
Yeah, I hadn't realized there was nearly no parts support for this model when I purchased it.  Now, I see that it's going to be fairly difficult for me should something break/wear out.  I've searched the web many times and I keep coming back to CZcustom and CZ-USA themselves, but even CZ-USA doesn't carry much for this model anymore..   Didn't know if someone perhaps would know a "small time" or "local" shop that would be willing to tackle an occasional [for lack of better terms] "one off" part for this model. 

After firing and field stripping my 100, I decided that there were some parts I'd like to change out for something a little more, how shall we say, reliable and to my liking.  For example the recoil spring guide rod, which from the factory is plastic.  I'd like to find a reliable, tested and true, steel replacement for this part.

When I have the spare money though, I will be searching extensively for a new set of springs for the entire gun, preferably slightly lighter recoil spring, and a stronger spring set for the firing pin.  So far my safest bet seems to be going through Cajungunworks, like you suggested. 

Thank you kindly for your help so far, keep me informed if you stumble upon anything else I may find useful, please.

Offline steve666

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »
The recoil spring and guide rod for the G19 are the perfect replacement for the CZ100/.40. I use the 24# spring with a stainless steel guide rod, but I use CorBon 135 gr JHP ammo which is a little on the hot side. For standard ammo you could probably use the 22# spring.
An armed society is a polite society.

Offline Z32

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 06:28:26 AM »
Ah, well that's a step forward I suppose.  I appreciate the info, do you know of any other parts that may be interchangeable with parts from other models/makes?

Offline steve666

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
Those are the only ones I know about. There are only 47 parts in total, which includes the barrel, slide, and frame. Speaking of barrels, at one time Bar-Sto did a run of match grade barrels; and in addition to OEM, ProMag makes a serviceable aftermarket magazine.

Offline steve666

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
If you don't have one, here is a link to a manual:
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/cz100.pdf

Offline Z32

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
Thank you very much for the link to the manual.  As I obviously bought my 100 second hand, not much was included, sadly.  I only have the firearm itself, and a single magazine.  I'd like to find a few more, but am hesitant to pay $40+ for one.. 

Offline steve666

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »
I'm afraid that that is about what they are running. I bought three recently on FleaBay, the first two for about $35 and the last one for $17. You might check out http://www.gunclips.net/cz100gunma.html, they have the ProMag's listed for $20

Offline Z32

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
 :-\   I love this pistol to death, but the lack of support for it is ridiculous, and what little support it does still have is a bit on the expensive side..

Offline steve666

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
I agree. When it comes to fingers I have a serious case of the Short, Stubbies so I find it difficult to find larger capacity/caliber pistols that fit my hand well. The CZ100 does so quite well. Of course, when I bought mine they were still in production so there was at least a little company support.

Offline ac

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
Agreed it's a big downer b/c the cz100 is one of the few double-stack .40s that fits my tiny prom queen hands like it was meant to be there.

Maybe you don't need parts for this particular issue. 
Is your firing pin channel dirty?   Do you need to smooth over the fp with some 800+ sandpaper?

Just trying to get you back to the range asap.   

Welcome to the forum and the world of gun ownership.

ac

Offline Z32

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:19 AM »
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, I purchased this firearm on a whim from a pawn shop.  It seems that as I work more oil around the firing pin, it gets better and better.  I'm beginning to think it was just "under oiled" from sitting too long.  Even so, there's still a few things I'm not particularly enthusiastic about, and will be replacing/upgrading as I go.  I'll still be hitting the range every weekend I can though.

Offline Z32

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:27 AM »
Random curiosity...  Has anyone ever tried using a "captured" style guide rod assembly from a Glock 19 in our CZ100?  I know the SS guide rods from a G19 will fit in the CZ100 fairly well, but in my searches for a nice one at a reasonable price, I noticed a lot of "captured" guide rods pop up.  Was just curious if anyone has tried this or if the thought would even be plausible. 

And yes, just for clarity I would assume that if this would work, it would be probable that you'd have to secure the capture screw after installing the assembly in the slide.  I'm probably just being dumb, but I'm curious and enjoy learning new things.

Offline Z32

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Just finished a polish job on the trigger mechanisms and de-burred the slide rails with a nice polish.  She racks more cleanly and smoothly than ever, and the trigger pull is very smooth now. [I think my trigger polish could probably still use some work though]  Also just ordered myself a Wolff  SS guide rod and spring combo 19#, should help the recoil while not making it too difficult to rack.  [I'm a tiny guy... about 6"2', 130 lbs]  I've decided that this coming Thursday [payday] I'm gonna go ahead and answer my own question and order a captured G19 SS guide rod, just for S&G's sake.  I'll post results not only of my polish job, but the results of my experimentation.  I may also see what I can do about finding a "softer" trigger return spring, I figure as long as its still enough to push the trigger back to full forward position, it shouldn't harm anything, and the lighter spring could possibly shave pounds off the pull.  Even without the slide, my trigger feels like its got a good 4 lbs of resistance, I'd like to attempt to at least halve that.  Just a thought. 

anything