Author Topic: CZ 52 9mm barrel group buy?  (Read 8146 times)

Offline Twmaster

• Fanatic, Heritic, Lunatic!
Re: CZ 52 9mm barrel group buy?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 10:04:28 AM »
I might be interested in a barrel if not silly spendy. Two other friends of mine have interest too, providing it's not too spendy.
Mike

Because liars fear the truth.

Offline CLDX

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
Oh well.... it looks like my dumb ass would spend stupid money after all. I just dropped $300 on the Federal 9mm with the cam, and an extra set of rollers on EvilBay.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you Chris!   :)

Ehh, it's only money... i'll make more,

Chuck

Offline cwcoolcow

CZ 52 9mm barrel group buy?
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »
Hey Congrats Chuck,

Heck I might have considered selling you mine for that price :-)

If it makes you feel any better, I just dropped some coin on a 75 Pre B that I certainly didn't need BUT just had to have.  Seriously, enjoy your new barrel.

Happy Shooting!

Chris
Chris

Offline spasmonaut

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39:26 AM »
I just dumped a rather large (I won't confess a figure) amount on an original scope and mount for my French MAS 49/56 so I feel for you guys.  I'm beginning to wonder if it'd be a lost cause in attempting to locate one of these barrels.  Any have a running tally on how many interest have been shown so far?  I know I'd want one (if the price is fair) and I'm actually in the process of finding and buying a CZ 52 for the first time.  I didn't even know that they were produced for the Tokarevs either.  I think I like the novelty of being able to swap ammo depending upon what I have available at that time or what's cheapest.  I think it's a worthwhile endeavor to have both.

Offline NickySantoro

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Not to piddle in anyone's Cheerios, but there have been issues with feeding and extracting 9mm in 52s, barrels not withstanding. There used to be an FAQ on the JFPO site about how to mod the extractor to mitigate this. Seemingly, it may not be as simple a drop-in mod as first glance might imply. Anyone considering this may want to see what they can find out before jumping into this.
FWIW
YMMV

Offline spasmonaut

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »
For now, I've just decided to relegate my 9x19 work to my Beretta and my Steyr.  I did pick up a CZ 52 on GB for $275 in excellent condition (per the pics) with holster, cleaning rod, and two mags (far cry from what these were going for from the wholesalers a while ago but that's the price of waiting to get on the wagon) to throw some 7.62x25 downrange along with my Yugo 57 and my Romanian TTC.  That little round sure is neat!

Offline cwcoolcow

CZ 52 9mm barrel group buy?
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »
My aftermarket 9mm barrel (which I'm pretty sure was a Federal) was install and shoot. I didn't have any problems. No feeding issues at all. I read the info about the extractor problems here http://www.makarov.com/cz52/ but didn't need to worry. Lucky me I guess.
Chris

Offline mulea5

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:48 PM »
Hi, Do you have or did you get a lead on 9mm barrels for the cz52. Thanks

Offline HRHCSH

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »
I just found this forum and remembered I have an 9mm barrel complete...brand new never been fired through... If anyone is still looking for one :>)

Offline TexasCZOwner

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
I just found this forum and remembered I have an 9mm barrel complete...brand new never been fired through... If anyone is still looking for one :>)

I'm interested! PM Sent

Offline shaneb1

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
im in

anything