Author Topic: Question about Ammo  (Read 972 times)

Offline phxbird

Question about Ammo
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:12:05 AM »
I picked up some ammo some a guy selling 4 boxs at a local gun show. He had it for his C96 Mauser pistol(sold the gun but still had some ammo). Their on a stipper clips (for C96 Mauser pistol). On the box it has written bxn * 52. on the brass it has bxn 52 1. I was thinking (that is where I get in to problems) if it was for a C96 Mauser pistol then it should be ok for my cz52. Any help before I go out next wed?

Offline skucera

Question about Ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 12:38:21 AM »
The "bxn" stamp is Czech.  The stripper clips were made for Mauser pistols because the Russian army still had thousands of them in use through the 1950's, despite adopting the Tokarev pistol in the Thirties.  I don't think the Czech army used the Mauser broomstick, but I might be wrong.

Scott

Offline phxbird

Question about Ammo
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
Thanks Scott
For the info. I felt some what safe with using it.

Offline phxbird

Question about Ammo
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »
Well I took the cz out for a good shooting and that ammo I gone was Very poor. All most every round had to be striked twice. Then it was like a time delay after the hammer dropped that it would fire.  About the only good out of it was the ammo was on stripper clips and I've got them on ebay getting most of my money back if not a little more :D