Author Topic: TriStar Arms to carry full line of Canik pistols  (Read 6944 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: TriStar Arms to carry full line of Canik pistols
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »
Went to my local Academy today and they had an S120 and a T100, both for $349.99.

I'm thinking you mean that EACH could be purchased at $349.99.  If you could get BOTH for $349.99, that would be a real deal!!!  But alas, too good to be true.  ;)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline epoole

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
Guys I spoke to a guy at Tristar and said they will be importing the Canik Piranha. It will be called the P-120. Looking forward to it to go along with my Witness and C-100.

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:47:13 AM »
Guys I spoke to a guy at Tristar and said they will be importing the Canik Piranha. It will be called the P-120.

That's the one I want.  ;D

That, and a C-100 in .40 S&W.  O0
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline czechyoself

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »
Handled the Tristar/Canik compact today at Academy. Amazing how tight the fitment was, slide and frame was tighter than my CZ's. Rubber grips were nice, ergonomics were perfect, mag dropped free with a single button press. Really impressive for $350. Interesting how it more closely resembled a Baby Desert Eagle with the angled frame but the grips were CZ-style all the way.

<Edit: Looks like it was the Shark C:

If they had one in hard chrome I probably would have picked it up. These are really tempting, especially given how hard CZ's are to find. Too bad the sights are complete crap on them (glow in the dark paint dots, sloppily applied, but the CZ Mepro's fit).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:23:51 AM by czechyoself »

Offline DallasCJ

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
I don't know how I missed this post, but appreciate the info. I discovered this when I found that Davidson's had several models of Tristar available. I now have 7 of these, but only my TP-9 is marked as a Canik55, all the rest are Tristar. I have a chrome T-120 (Shark FS), a chrome and a blue L-120, 2 of the Academy C-100's, and I found a dealer who had several Tristars at the most recent gun show and picked up a blued T-100 (Shark C).

anything