Author Topic: CZ 52 on Hickock 45  (Read 16462 times)

Offline ammo dave

CZ 52 on Hickock 45
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:16 AM »
I'm a big fan of Hickock 45 and he recently posted a video of the CZ 52 on youtube. I hadn't considered one of these pistols before but now he has sparked my interest.  I've got other modern pistols and revolvers for self defense but the 52 looks like it might be an interesting plinker.  Anybody out there care to comment on their experiences with this model?  What's a good source for purchase?  Anything I should look for before buying?

Offline lklawson

• CBD Dayton
Re: CZ 52 on Hickock 45
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »
The supply of surplus 7.62x25 is drying up which will leave new production ammo from company lines such as Wolf Military Classic.  That will inevitably drive up the price of plinking.  It's good, solid, accurate, flat shooting, fun gun.  Despite being a high velocity, high pressure, high energy round the recoil us surprisingly light and comfortable.  The muzzle flash and report are impressive, as is the penetration of FMJ but JHP is available from the Wolf Gold line and from semi-custom outfits like Reeds.  The sights are small and not at all what modern shooter think of as "combat" sights.  But they do promote accuracy.

I was shooting mine at the range literally just a few hours ago.  The RO first thought it was a .357 Sig from the report and the bottleneck cases I was throwing out.  I let him shoot it.  He liked it.

My recommendation is to buy one.  I bought two.  ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out ho

Offline ammo dave

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
Any recommendations for a source other than Gunbroker?

Offline bozwell

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
I have one from Czechpoint that was in unissued condition.  It looks like they still have them in stock:

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/vz-52/vz-52-pistol-unissued-condition/

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
What a fun video! I've got 3 of these bad boys! One in original condition, one in importer marked 9mm and one in hard chrome with a compensated barrel.  They are just tooo much fun!

Otto

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »
I always enjoy watching Hickock 45's videos.

My CZ52 is my favorite CZ. Lots of fun to shoot. Just wish new ammo was a little cheaper.
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG
CZ 75 P-06
CZ 612 HD

Offline Graves

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
i love Hickocks videos as well, watch all of them

Offline josey88

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
I loved that video ... I have 2 of those , very much upgraded and enhanced and boy, do they shoot hard ... that little rd carries a hell of a punch ... I was told that they penetrate the bulletproof Police vests very easily . The cops don`t want that fact known and I can understand that .
On both my pistols I replaced the original firing pins with Harrington competition III firing pins , rollers and Wolf heavier recoil springs, hammer main springs and extended  slide releases, along with new old stock  barrels and wood grips . They now look and shoot great . The trigger pull  is now about 4 pounds ... very , very nice  compared to the factory trigger and the decocker works perfectly  too, although the pin block is gone because of the new firing pin system . I use them only for range shooting , so I really don`t care .
I remember having to use the Dremel to smooth out the trigger edges(kind of round the edges very carefully where the finger touches the trigger)  , because it was uncomfortable on both guns . Now the triggers are more "finger welcome" ... lol 
I was lucky enough to get some Yugo 7.62x25 some time ago when it was very cheap and now I have some 2500 rds that will last me forever .
One thing that many people don`t know is that the Czechs , in order to make the gun able to handle the hot 7.62x25 cartridge , copied and adapted the roller system on these pistols from the german MG-42 machine gun from WWII , one of the best machine guns ever designed , even up to today standards ... the germans are untouchable on designing weapons, as everybody knows ... it fascinated me  when I read it and that is when I decided to get one of those pistols ... I ended up with two .  They even installed a decocker ... imagine that , a decocker in 1952 ... !!!
Here are some pics of my two beauties : 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:48:28 PM by josey88 »

Offline JimThornTX

• It ain't easy being green.
    • Texas State Rifle Association
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »
Great looking pair of CZ 52's.  8)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 83 Satin Nickel
CZ 75 P-01 ODG