Author Topic: "Tombstone" EVIL Match  (Read 1764 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
"Tombstone" EVIL Match
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »
I'm not sure this is exactly what was intended here;  but for those interested in devious USPSA Match Set-Ups, take a gander at this one for Saturday in San Antonio,  especially note "Gunfight at the OK Corral  :

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/5788743/2013marchbpsc-matchbook-highres-pdf-1-1-meg?da=y&dnad=y

Looks like fun though with a Shadow in Production class.  Be sure to plan your 10-rd mag changes. ;)

For new guys, who might be interested in USPSA:  The paper silhouette targets are two shots each,  the disapppearing targets appear for a second or two when the "stomp box" is stepped on or a steel "popper" is hit and falls.  The swinging targets appear and swing into and out of view using the same actuators.  And finally the Texas Star is five 8" steel plates on the end of five arms of a balanced wheel that rotates when out of balance---like when you knock a plate off.  ;D  Google it, to see it in action.  Really cool steel target.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:46:52 AM by 1SOW »

Offline johnnyrees

Re: "Tombstone" EVIL Match
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:42 PM »
lol...impressive and truely evil......looks like a hoot if you are shooting it for fun... ;D

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:43 AM »
That Texas star and all those moving, swinging targets 'can' eat ammo if your not careful---or in my case lucky. ::)

I've only shot through that "Cooper Tunnel" once before.  I got penaliized for knocking down two sections then! :o
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:05:33 AM by 1SOW »

Offline jabbermurph

• BREATHE!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »
That looks AWESOME, 1SOW!  Wish they allowed two guns, "one for each of ya." O0
SP-01 "Shadeaux" by CGW

HDR P-01 by CGW

P-07 .40 cal

Tactical Sports .40 cal

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »
One thing didn't really show obvious in the stage layouts.  Some of those metric paper targets were as far as 30-35 yrds.  A long ways for old eyes.  I did have a miss on one---ouch +10.

I had to take my hat off in the "Coopers Tunnel",  but I didn't knock any of the six or seven 1"x1" sticks off the 4' roof.  Little old guys had an advantage. ;D

Two of the clam-shell disappearing targets were REALLY fast . 

New shooters need to realize your not competing against anyone except yourself.  Every stage you shoot, you'll learn something new about being efficient in your movement, how the gun follows your eyes and body,  when to do mag changes, having the gun up and ready to shoot when you get to the target and much more.   

If you haven't tried it, get out their with what you've got to shoot and find out how much fun  action shooting can be!!  A big part of the fun is getting to know other shooters who are doing the same.     

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:16:32 AM »
Found the U-Tube  of Cliff shooting limited.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wwYwlJmpo0&feature=youtu.be

Offline coolbox

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »
The stages look like real ammo eaters for shooters of my level! But good fun though.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

anything