Author Topic: 10rd Magazine Rattles Only When Fully Loaded?..  (Read 2055 times)

Offline RedBowTies88

10rd Magazine Rattles Only When Fully Loaded?..
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
Hey guys, I have a 10 rounds magazine who's manufacture I'm unsure of (it came with the gun). Its the craziest thing but it ratlles like something inside it is loose only when FULLY loaded. Empty it's fine and with 9 rounds its fine as well. I took it apart and everything looks in order...I can't figure out what would cause it. It's very annoying walking around with it in your back pocket.

Anyone know how to fix this?

here's a pic of the magazine

75B SA, Black Polycoat

Offline mkd

Re: 10rd Magazine Rattles Only When Fully Loaded?..
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »
first off unfortunately it's not unusual to have mags rattling, i seen a rami mag rattle as well as my p01 rattle also.it often occurs with less than a full mag.try tapping the primer end of shells in the fully loaded mag so the case bases are all tight against the back inside of the magazine wall. sometimes by doing so you can get them to quit rattling.

Offline czkali

• sdrawssakcab
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
I have the same issue and don't know how to solve it. However it's never been a problem during matches, they just keep on working.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedBowTies88

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
It doens't effect its function it's just that i feel like I'm walking around with a babby rattle in my back pocket. I guess i'll just have to deal with it until I can find another 15 rounder.
75B SA, Black Polycoat

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
It's because of the way the spring and 10 rounds compress in the double stack tube and the length of the mag tube. Nothing you can do about it, except load 9. It doesn't happen with odd numbers of rounds because they compress evenly.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline RedBowTies88

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
10-4, thanks for the help guys. It's most appreciated
75B SA, Black Polycoat

anything