Author Topic: 5-Gun Fun Shoot Today  (Read 1017 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
5-Gun Fun Shoot Today
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »
One of our local shooting orgs set up an impromptu "Top Shot" Fun Shoot, with 5 stages and each stage used a different gun.  For those without the proper type weapon, one was provided and individual rds sold at cost--or hanguns could be used for all--shooters choice..

I'm went for the gold: ( ::))  The CZ Shadow at very short range free style, strong hand and weak at several wide-spread targets,  My Browning Sweet 16 for an all-steel stage--4 steel plates plus a small stop popper for three strings --left-to right, right to left and final string shooters choice ,  a Colt 1911 45acp--sweet shooter moving forward for about 15rds with a mag-change,  A "9mm" Colt AR15 Carbine for 15 rds--like to have one of these set up a little differently,  A WW11 FRENCH MAS 36 Bolt Rifle with a bayonet in a built-in holder, iron sights--heavy front end but a straight shooter at maybe 25 yards from a port in cover  2 strings of 5 rds each.
I especially like shooting my Browning shotgun.  The Colt 1911 "pointed just like my CZ  ( ;)), had a good trigger and was dead on the FO front.   I wasn't particulary fast today except for 'maybe' the shotgun stage, but no misses for a change. We need more of these type of fun shoots through the generosity of the regulars.  Was a hoot shooting those three unfamiliar weapons against the timer. .

Oh yes,  I shot two assault weapons today.  I'm proud of that!  One of them  was the 'real deal'.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:42:55 PM by 1SOW »

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: 5-Gun Fun Shoot Today
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
Sounds GREAT 1
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !