Author Topic: Getting into a CZ-82(finally)  (Read 945 times)

Offline TN.Frank

Getting into a CZ-82(finally)
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
After having a CZ-83 back in '98 for a few months before I sold it I'm finally getting back into a CZ, this time an 82, which I like better because of the little bit of extra umph that the 9x18mm has over the 380acp.  I remember the 83 fitting my hand like a glove, comfortable for IWB carry, 12+1 is awesome in a gun this size and at the time ammo wasn't all that expensive. Well, all that still should be true except for the ammo part, LOL.
 I handload so that's not going to be much of a problem once Berry's starts cranking out their .364" plated bullets again and hopefully in a few months things will stabilize and primer prices will come back down to earth.  I didn't like paying $32/1000, I really won't like paying $46 if time comes that I run out of the few I've got set back. 
 Anyway, should have my CZ 82 by tomorrow, if I get a chance I'll post some pics.  Not sure if I'm going to refinish it or not. Might just keep it "as is", a gun with a few marks on it adds a bit of character to it. Like it's "been there and done that".  Oh well, just wanted to say "howdy" and it's good to be back on the forum again.  ;)
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Offline il.bill

Re: Getting into a CZ-82(finally)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
Good luck with your recent acquisition.  You should pretty much know what you are going to have since you already owned the CZ83.  I always say the CZ82 firing whatever 9x18mm ammo you have available is just about the 'best bang for the buck' out there.  The polygonal rifling makes for better than average accuracy and it is a breeze to clean the barrel after shooting.

Welcome back!

Offline TN.Frank

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Well, the guy just dropped it off, I entered all the info in my Bound Book to stay legal and yep, fits my hand just like a glove. Finish has a little ware on it but I don't know, it gives it a somewhat "rustic" look.  I do want to buff the shinny off of the black plastic grips with some 0000 steel wool though, that way they'll have a nice matte finish and a bit better grip. I got a box of Brown Bear FMJ and 2 1/2 boxes of Silver Bear FMJ, that should give me enough to have on hand until I can either get actual 9x18mm brass or convert some 9x19mm brass to 9x18mm.  Midway has Hornady XTP's but I'd much rather get some Berry's plated bullets. Quite a bit cheaper that way but heck, I still may get 200 XTP's to play with.  ;)

Offline TN.Frank

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
Went out back and ran 5 rounds of Silver Bear FMJ through the gun just to see where it hits. 3 of the 5 shots were touching right at POA, one shot went just about 3/8" high and right of that group and I pulled one shot, it went low by about 2" and left by about 1/2" but all in all for the first 5 shots out of the gun(all SA, makes it easier to judge groups) I'm pretty impressed. Shoots way better then the Ruger P95 I sold to get into this gun.
 It IS crazy about the "rifling", it looks like a smooth bore,LOL. The Glocks I've owned have had polygonal rifling them but you could actually see something in the barrel.  This gun doesn't show anything but by the group it shot you know it's there.
Anyway, I'm happy as a clam. Now if StarLine will get it in gear and get some brass available and if Berry's will crank out some 95gr, 364" plated bullets I"ll really be a happy camper. ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:44:22 PM by TN.Frank »

anything