Author Topic: *UPDATE* The Stench of Staples...  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Ross7

*UPDATE* The Stench of Staples...
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
...smells unfriendly to gun owners. There's a fairly new one in my town and it's the only store of that type in my area, but I won't be setting foot in there again.

Staples Says Gun Store Can?t Enter Contest (The Staples PUSH It Forward Contest... "Forward", really? ::))
A small Nebraska gun shop has decided to buy its ink pens and post-it notes somewhere else after they said Staples rejected their entry into a marketing contest because they are in the firearms business.

Jackson said he was shocked that Staples considered their business to be on par with drug dealers and criminals.
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/staples-says-gun-store-cant-enter-contest.html

I am writing to follow-up with you in regards to the inquiry you had made concerning firearms. Staples would not allow the possession of firearms on our premises by either customers or employees.
Sincerely,
Ariel Rolon
Office of the President
Staples, Inc.?
http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-staples/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:00:22 PM by Ross7 »

Offline BGlas

Re: The Stench of Staples...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »
I'll put them on my list right after Toys'R'Us..

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
I haven't been there in a long time, but how do they prevent it?
Is there a sign posted?

Either way, I will spread the word.

Offline Sancho

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
One wonders how the criminal-types take this news?

Sancho
I was already despicable, long before it was cool!

Offline Ross7

Re: *UPDATE* The Stench of Staples...
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
Seems Staples has had a change of heart. I'm not a Facebooker but I saw on another forum that Staples has posted this, or something similar, on their Facebook page...

We heard you! At Staples, we value all of our customers and appreciate your feedback. We now realize
the rules of our Push It Forward contest were too restrictive and kept out legitimate businesses.
Unfortunately, we can't change the rules once the contest is underway. But we will revise our rules
to make sure future contests are more inclusive and reflect our commitment to helping all small
businesses.

Offline Ritter

Re: *UPDATE* The Stench of Staples...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »
Yes, I'm upset when I see businesses being clearly anti-gun.  But let's take a broader look.  Alcohol and tobacco are legal products too.  In fact, in many progressive camps (New York), as much as they vilify cigarettes, they would rather have you smoke than own a gun.

I'm o.k. with boycotting Staples, as long as each group gets equal representation for Staples taking a stance against many legal activities.  (Did they deny grocery stores and gas stations that sell alcohol and tobacco?)

anything