Author Topic: Joined the Kadet kit owner ranks today  (Read 4142 times)

Offline painter

Re: Joined the Kadet kit owner ranks today
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 05:22:12 PM »
Quick update.

My good luck with the light spring must have been a fluke. After a few hundred more rounds I'm getting too many light strikes with both the 13 and 15lb hammer springs.

I've even installed 75 Plus solid pin and a shim to take up the gap.

I guess I'll go back to the stock hammer spring and see what happens. I don't have a 17 pounder.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »
Painter--thanks for the update. 

I'm still experimenting myself, so far, the 17 is still as light as I can go for 100% reliability.  However, the 15 works slightly more reliably with the solid pin than it did with a broken one.  I have experimented my way through 760 rounds in the last week and a half trying various combinations of ammo, firing pins, and hammer springs.  I enjoyed every round, even the light hits, however. 

Joe

Offline adrian

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
     Hiya painter and thanks for starting the thread. Now that you have the Kadet kit, you'll  wonder how ya ever got along without it. Sorry your kit reacts to the lighter main spring like the rest of ours. Was just a lil dissapointed when the kadet would not run reliable with my newest cz the po1 light, and Stu even tried an extended firing pin with poor result. Its home for a long time is a tuned 75b-sa minus the 13lber for a 17lb spring, and 4 or 5 light strikes a session, and half of those go off the second hammer drop. Stu put the FO green for me and my 50yr ol eyes appreciated the difference, small adj to raise rear and golden. Pm or email if the problem persists, maybe the extended firing pin may work on yours, as it didnt for mine. Heres a pic of the baby, and lets see yours soon. Be well.

Offline adrian

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 07:14:03 PM »
   Hiya, just bumped the thread as I noticed a fellow member was having some fitting issues with his KadetKit in the past day or so.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
If it is the heavy hammer, there are plenty of folks that would love to know.  I have an occasional light hit with a 17 lb hammer spring on CCI Mini-Mags and Goldent Bullets.  I get 10% light hits with a 15# spring.  I've not tried anything lighter than that.  I have CGW's latest hammer for a 75B 9mm frame. 

Regardless of the reason, shoot it a bunch and I'm happy for you! 

Joe

I'm with Joe.  My 75B that CZC put a lot of love and a 17# spring in, always has had about 1-3% needing a second strike with the Kadet.  Nothing against CZC, they did a wonderful job on the work they did and I would'nt change a thing.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.