Author Topic: Welcome to our newest discussion board!  (Read 6603 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Welcome to our newest discussion board!
« on: November 21, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
High Noon has been deeply involved with CZF for many years, and it's about time we gave them their own spot, good place to kick the feet up enjoy the fireplace and examine the latest and greatest from High Noon holsters! I have been using the products from these great guys for some time now, and have ALWAYS been happy. Hopefully this child board will get more discussion going from everyone! 8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:55:54 PM by armoredman »

Offline GRB5111

Re: Welcome to our newest discussion board!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
Good idea!

In early October, I ordered the lined Slide Guard in black cowhide for my P-01. Given HN's turnaround, I'm looking for delivery over the next few weeks. I've heard many good things about HN, so I'm looking forward to breaking in the Slide Guard. I've also tried a few other manufacturers' holsters, and the Belt Holsters (OWB) seem to be most comfortable for me. With the high ride of the Slide Guard and a good belt, I'm expecting the P-01 to be easily concealed. Any comments from those who've carried using the Slide Guard are appreciated.

I'm also considering an IWB - Public Secret - in horsehide for a smaller pistol for use during the warm and humid months we get here in NoVA. The horsehide should provide a better moisture barrier when wearing a t-shirt and shorts. The Public Secret has no cant and appears to support many carry positions including cross draw when driving, etc. Anyone carrying a Public Secret?

Lots of details on the HN website with good information supporting the correct holster decision. 
Accuracy, n. A certain uninteresting quality carefully excluded from human statements.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
The Slide Guard is an awesome rig; I use one at work, actually. Good retention and looks great. Get the Rock Steady belt for the best combo, unbeatable.

Offline mkd

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
grb! I have the exact holster you ordered! mine fit way too tight!  I loosened the retension screw put a folded handkerchief over the pistol and put it in a plastic bag. after I had it wrapped I inserted it in the holster overnight and checked the fit the next day. I continued this method along with brief wearing to break and shape the holster in to the fit of my liking. the hanky added the bulk for the holster to form and the plastic bag made for easy sliding of the pistol into the holster.                             
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:27:32 PM by mkd »

Offline GRB5111

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »
MKD - Thanks for the advice. Still waiting to hear from HN about shipping, as I'm sure they are slammed over the holidays. I figure it's going to take a bit of wear time for breaking in.
Accuracy, n. A certain uninteresting quality carefully excluded from human statements.

Offline GRB5111

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 02:04:36 AM »
Received the UPS notification yesterday. Looks like the Slide Guard will arrive Tuesday. I'll then start the break-in process using MKD's recommendations.

Offline TSOL

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
I have a decent number of High Noons and so far I haven't had an issue even with the least expensive ones.  They have become my primary carry holster. Also living in FL is a huge plus as I narmally get my holster with in a day or two.
No one's gonna to do it for you.

anything