Author Topic: VZ SCORPION/.380  (Read 5270 times)

Offline cz671

VZ SCORPION/.380
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »
recently received my scorpion in .380 although would rather have it in 9mm....oh well i guess this is close enough.  great pistol...even though originally a submachine gun with a wire stock, surprisingly comfortable to hold and not awkward in anyway holding with both hands, but holding the magazine ads to a more solid hold for more accurate shooting.  the scorpion is solid build and fit and finish is very nice.  shooting it is as you would expect from a .380, but still will put the hurt on some paper.  surprisingly accurate, trigger is very nice, but the best part in all this is when bump fired, this thing burps through 20rounds like nothing 8) very happy with my latest purchase and to ad to my collection.  i highly recommend this pistol to add to your collection if you like to collect and shoot czech firearms and as a plus has great history behind them, including being in numerous films.  some pics
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:49:19 PM by cz671 »

Offline Psyop96

Re: VZ SCORPION/.380
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:43 PM »
Congratulations on the .380. For an "awkward" looking gun, it's surprisingly easy to hold. Haven't shot the .380 but the original .32 ACP is fun to shoot and accurate. Too bad, the wire cheek-placed stock makes it an SBR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline |HB| Landric

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:52:32 PM »
How are the magazines?  I have the .32 ACP version which I enjoy, but a larger caliber seems interesting.  Still, mags for the .32 have been reasonably easy to get, tough, and reliable.  Just wondering how these mags are.

Offline cz671

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
How are the magazines?  I have the .32 ACP version which I enjoy, but a larger caliber seems interesting.  Still, mags for the .32 have been reasonably easy to get, tough, and reliable.  Just wondering how these mags are.

Mags are plastic, seems fragile(compared to current polymer mags) very tight/snug into the pistol with hard tap to seat them in properly.  Went through one mag bump firing and I'm just holding the mag...through the whole process and so far still intact.   Only time will tell on the mags.  Though I'd prefer steel or tough polymer mags if they ever have one.