Author Topic: Converting decocker to safety  (Read 1664 times)

Offline wgungho

Converting decocker to safety
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:32:11 PM »
My first P-01 is on the truck headed this way.  This is my first decocker, and I'd appreciate it if someone could direct me to a site with info about the decocker feature.  I've always carried cocked and locked.  Also, is it possible to convert the decocker to a safety?
Thanks
Tom

Offline CZTom

Re: Converting decocker to safety
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:11:43 PM »
Not cheap or easy to convert to a manual safety.  I carry with pistol "half-cocked", as do many on this site.  This hammer position has two safeties in place: the firing pin block and the hammer "half-cocked" safety.
--Tom

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:44 AM »
     Hiya wgungho and thanks for starting the thread. I'd bought a czc po1 with a manual safety, thinking I'd prolly part with my po-2 that I run with the decocker, but it also has a manual safety that can be changed out in a few minutes. Turned out I sold the tricked out po-1 and took a beating on it, but feel that for CCW/SD use the decocker is the way ta go. And would carry either one at half cocked as poster mentioned. My thumbs are below the safety/decocker when I shoot and in rapid strings of shots had my thumb slighty nudge the safety resulting in a trigger pull with no bang. Cant happen with the decocker. Even if you keep your thumb swipe, the half cocked decocker wont mind, give the decocker a chance. Be well.

Offline clement1

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:36:40 PM »
Is there a way to lessen the stiffness on the safety?

Offline Chris B

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
Everything in the CZ line needs breaking in.  Flick the safety on and off while watching a movie and it should smooth out.  Dry fire while you're at it.

anything