Author Topic: grips for tristar t-100  (Read 8963 times)

Offline skizzums

grips for tristar t-100
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
hello, i am new to the forum but very experienced with guns, glad to be here and nice to meet everyone, i got directed to this forum from a friend on TFL
i have never owned a cz or variant, but just ordered the tri-star t-100 on friday and hope to be receeving it next week, i love the look of the gun but can tell i hate the grips just from the pictures

http://www.kygunco.com/tristar-t-100-series-9mm-37in-chrome-15rd-pistol-70404

what kind of grips will fit this gun? can i just buy any cz75 grips or do the need to be cz75 compact? from what i understand this is the same gun as canik55 shark
i have seen alot of stuff with ppl putting cz75 grips on the full size 100s or 120s, but not seen anyone post about the t100 or sharck specifically

any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Offline skizzums

Re: grips for tristar t-100
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
i just saw the answer to my questiion in the bolo grips thread, thank you

it states that any cz75 compact grips will fit shark-c or t-100

sorry about the thread

but ill change it up a bit, what grips do you guys recommend and why, i was looking at the VZ diamond grips right now, but i am very open to other suggestions

Offline Flibuoy1

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:56:05 AM »
A few months ago I posted on my EBay Thailand grips. Not as boldly, attractively, grained as the thread on the T-120 but really great value. I like wood, no other reason to pick them...well except I am also a tightwad. I have recontoured mine on trigger finger route. As I suspected they seem to be still using Kiwi shoe polish for finish as they did in 1970. I am very happy with mine.
Have you ever seen a statue honoring someone who left well enough alone?

Offline skizzums

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:41:13 AM »
i love the wood, but i got my pistol in the chrome satin which i thonk would look funny with anything but black, i guess i am just going to go with the standard cz rubber grips, i really wish they had the hogue grips for the compact, i love the look of them

has anyone tried to modify the hogues too fit a compact??? :-\

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »
has anyone tried to modify the hogues too fit a compact??? :-\

I think it could be done.  I have a set of Hogue Fingergroove Cz75 grips on order I plan to fit to a Series 88 Tanfoglio, and that's already been done by Forum Member Birds Away.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:39:54 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline skizzums

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
well, thay are cheap enough i might just have to give it a try, gun still hasnt shipped, so ill wait and see if the t100 grips are as bad as they look first

Offline ohell

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »
the ebay seller in thailand has decent wood grips for price.  if you don't like wood, copper gun grips on ebay sells a molded grip with same profile as CZ for 35 bucks delivered. Has the palm swell and these fell better then tristar/canik grips (and plastic CZ)  which i cannot stand.  i like flat profile of VZ grips, so have several sets of CZ rubbers and plastic grips in the drawer.

Offline skizzums

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »
well if you have any rubber ones in the drawer you wanna sell me ill paypal ya

Offline CopperGunGrips

• CopperGunGrips
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
Thanks for the shout Ohell.

I make grips for the CZ compact which will fit the 100 series Tristar as well as grips for the 120 series which are not just modified CZ-75 grips. They're fitted to the Tristar 120's.  CZ-75 grips mounting hole is off about 1/16" from where the Tristar 120 grip screw sits so you have to widen the hole and on grips with a tight screw pocket the pocket will need to be relieved as well.

Note: all of my grips are thinner than factory CZ grips but still retain some profile to offer a more comfortable hold than any of the flat panel grips on the market.

Thanks for the support!

Nicholas
Nicholas Ridd
*lava grips for CZ, Beretta, EAA Witness, 1911, TriStar/Canik*
coppergungrips@gmail.com
coppergungrips.com

Offline bimmerland

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 06:12:32 PM »
Just put a set of hogue 75000's on my cz75 compact.  After a little work with a dremel and a exacto knife they fit snugly and afford a better grip.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
Nice Work, bimmerland!  8)  I'll probably wind up with something like that when I get my Compact TA90 done.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline seaduck77

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 08:19:51 PM »
I installed grips from CopperGunGrips...really like them and good value. Check out their website.