Author Topic: Miami-area gunsmith shop NOT RECOMMENDED  (Read 1285 times)

Offline 1Shot1Kill

• Life Member: Special Forces Assoc., NRA, VFW, DAV
Miami-area gunsmith shop NOT RECOMMENDED
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:42:24 PM »
Fellow Gunners,

The info & recommendation below is provided in order to keep any others from being ripped-off by a flakey gunsmith business.

I put three regular/none custom/none special edition handguns into a Miami area gunsmith shop for simple hard chrome refinish. No custom work, no fabrication, etc. It was the type of work even the most basic gunsmith could complete without undue drama.

That was 16 months ago in 2012. The business does not answer it's ((numerous)) phone calls, nor return calls, nor respond to faxes, emails, & USPS Certified /Official Letters.

In-person meetings, on-site, are a waste of time, and full of B.S. excuses about the guns being sent away for the refinish work.  *** The lengthy outsourcing timeline is unacceptable, unless the guns are traveling aboard the Chinese Moon Landing/Rover, maybe.***

Finally, I met with one of the principle owners/gunsmiths, and personally instructed him to immediately return my firearms....still don't have them, nor any word on their status.

I can't personally identify if their gunsmith skills are good or not, as I have not seen my complete guns. But in reference to their business practices, they definitely are sub-substandard at best.

Bottom Line: Under no circumstances would I ever use or recommend this gunsmith shop to anyone. Business name can be provided upon request via email / PM (moderators directed that I not publically mention name in open forum).

P.S. Guns were a CZ-75 (Original), Colt Lawman & Detective Special Revolvers.

Offline Slimdog71

Re: Miami-area gunsmith shop NOT RECOMMENDED
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
If you have asked for your gun and have not received them, at this point it's theft! Get the police involved, bet you have your guns back in a heartbeat!
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I know how to use every one of them !!
CZ 75b .40
CZ 75b SA .40 (With lots of CZ Custom work)
CZ 75b Matte with CGW magic
CZ 452 17hmr varmint
CZ 452 Ultra Lux
And a long list of non CZ'S

Offline Independent George

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
It's not just theft - it's theft of a firearm. It's also grounds for losing their FFL if you report it to the ATF.
CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline ammo dave

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
For the sake of the rest of us in Florida, please identify the gunsmith.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
For the sake of the rest of us in Florida, please identify the gunsmith.

If you wish to know anything further, email or PM the OP. Neither the name nor the address will be posted on this forum.

While there is no reason to doubt the veracity of the OP, it is right to note that he has no other posting history other than this single post and while it may be appropriate to permit him (or her) to post his experience with this GS or LGS, we have only his side of the situation. As such, the forum and it's staff have no intention of being dragged into a civil action for libel, or worse, a criminal prosecution for theft.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:27:52 PM by Widge »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything