Author Topic: Lost her favorite  (Read 23424 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Lost her favorite
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Yesterday my wife's favorite cat passed away. Boots was about 10 years old, and a rescue cat from the Hermitage no-kill cat shelter in Tucson. When we were there, he jumped on her back while she was petting another cat, and wouldn't get off until we agreed to take him home. He was surrounded with love at the end.

Not long after he came home with us - see how young Ricky is?

About 7 years ago, and yes, that was a case of 7.62x39mm ammo,

Momma and her kitty,

If you've never had companion animals, you might not understand. Also, most animal people wouldn't believe how loving Boots was. He thought he was part dog.
This is the way they ended every single night, him on her chest to give nighttime hugs...

Good night, Boots.

Mrs Armoredman

Re: Lost her favorite
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

Thank you honey. That was very touching. I have never had a cat the loved more than my Boots kitty. RIP my loving kitty, I'll see you when it's my time to go.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:04:38 PM »
Good night, Boots. Sweet dreams.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »
Sorry for your loss Mr and Mrs Armoredman.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
I know how you feel, as back in 2011, my Cat of 16 years, Michelle, passed away from an inoperable bowel Cancer.  She was my constant companion.

My Condolences for your loss! May you be at Peace!

Boots
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »
:'-(

When I was a young one my parents bought me a siamese kitten... He and I bonded and he was my constant companion until I went off to college.  Sadly he passed away while I was at school and the loss hit me very hard. .. so hard that I did not get another cat until this past year (I'm 46 now.)

My new friend, also a siamese, was a rescue cat we fostered.... after spending time with him I realized I could not bear to let him go back to the shelter!

Good pets become family!

RIP Boots .... and my condolences to your family.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Slimdog71

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »
When my cat, Itchy, of 13 years died, I cried like a little girl. Pets are such a life enhancer, I feel for your loss, and I'm sure like my Itchy, you will NEVER find another Boots, but I do hope you find another cat that brings you joy, and as cats go, some aggravation too!
RIP Boots
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I know how to use every one of them !!
CZ 75b .40
CZ 75b SA .40 (With lots of CZ Custom work)
CZ 75b Matte with CGW magic
CZ 452 17hmr varmint
CZ 452 Ultra Lux
And a long list of non CZ'S

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »
When my cat, Itchy, of 13 years died, I cried like a little girl. Pets are such a life enhancer, I feel for your loss, and I'm sure like my Itchy, you will NEVER find another Boots, but I do hope you find another cat that brings you joy, and as cats go, some aggravation too!
RIP Boots

You are right there Slimdog71. Thee is no cat like him out there. He was one of a kind. I have put up with hissing growling for quite some time it's nothing new to me, I just tell them to knock it off.

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »

I just want to tell y'all thank you for the kind word and prayers. There will be no other that that can replace him and all the love he gave our family. I will never forget him. Rest in peace my sweet Boots.

Offline Artist

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Kudos for choosing rescue cats. Sorry for your loss, pets are part of the family after all.
All of our cats are rescues too, as I like to say "I bought um used so I got a really good deal".
Thought I'd share a few family photos.

This is my daughter with her cat Burley. Burley passed away last year, the photo was taken just a few months before he passed

My daughters other cat Yuki, she's a good girl but would love to get at the fish, it's her "MISSION IN LIFE".

My cat Syd, he was in very poor shape when I rescued him many years ago. He's 100% healthy now.

Syd is much more mellow about the fish than Yuki, he thinks the mudskipper is his buddy
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
Mrs. A,

I am EXTREMELY sorry for your loss.  I'm a cat guy.  I'm also a "softie".

I grew up on a farm and our cats were always indoor-outdoor cats.  I got my first cat at about 4 years old.  When it was bedtime, I would tell her it was bedtime and she would walk down the hall with me to my room and come lay in bed with me.  She slept with me every night.  I made a "P" shape with my legs and she slept right in the bowl.  If I wasn't asleep, she would get up to get off the bed.  If she felt me move, she would lay back down, snuggling in with me until I fell asleep.  When I was asleep, she would jump off my bed and go to the door to go outside.  She would go hunt all night.  She disappeared when I was 15.  We are assuming coyotes, since we have such an abundant population and they tend to come in the yard in the winter when things get desperate.  A few months went by of me calling for her outside when the reality set in that she was gone. 

Right before school started my Freshman year, my parents decided I needed a new companion.  We went out to a friend of the family's farm that had just had kittens.  I had a choice of a few different kittens, but none of them clicked with me.  Then I saw the one I wanted.  She was a little gray and white tabby.  I took her home that night and she was my best friend for years.  She had that "jerk" kind of personality that only cat people enjoy. 

She passed away just a few years ago.  She was 16.  I had been in contact with my Mom every day for a few days before they had to put her down.  She had been dying for about a week.  After the last call from my Mom, I burst into tears.  I was at home with my boy who was 5 at the time.  He had never seen me cry like that before.  He was a little scared, but when I told him that Rita had passed away, he started crying too.  I cried harder when my cat died than either my Great Grandma or Grandpa.  I cried harder than when a friend who was two years younger than me died of a prescription drug conflict.  I am doing everything in my power not to cry as I am typing this.

My Mom and Dad still have a cat that was her "daughter."  She has had an eye removed from an infection a few years ago, but she is still chugging along.  She will be 18 in a few months (that's 89 in cat years.).  Even being a one-eye'd crippled up old bag of bones, she still occasionally brings mice, moles, sparrows, rabbit, and even full grown pheasant as "presents" to my Mom and Dad.

Love them while they are in your lives.  Special pets bring a joy that cannot be replaced.  Remember the good times and cherish the little time you had with Boots.  Remember that with rescue animals, the time they spent with you was most likely the best time of their lives, too.

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »

I am glad you shared your kitty stories with us. Thank you so very much, Boots was a great kitty and had a lot of love in his heart. Some people say cats don't love, Ha ha, ha they just didn't know my baby boots. Once again thank  you for sharing your stories.

Offline Pynckone

• Who is in the White House?
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
Sorry to hear about your cat's passing.  Somehow we let them take a little piece of ourselves when they leave.

After having four cats that all lived at least 16 years with us, we have had 2 years for really bad luck.  We had Otto who lived to almost 18 even tho' he spent the last 4 years deaf and blind.  He still went out daily and owned our yard.  Then Ozzie contracted FIV and with Cleo growing to 15 years, we had to put him down.  Then coyotes got Cleo and Tut, within 2 weeks.  So sad not to be able to say goodbye.

Now we have rescued 2 ferrel kittens that we got at 6 weeks old.  Hattie and Vixen are growing into fun, loving cats, carrying on in the tradition of those cats that had come before them. 

When you are ready, Mrs A, find another kitty to love!
My blog: http://whoisinthewhitehouse.blogtownhall.com

Daisy lever BB gun.

Not listing my guns here anymore. 

Let the government figure it out! 

Lots of rocks and stones, and pretty good with a slingshot!

Offline derweibhai

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
Sorry for your loss. Cats should be mans best friend, they are definitely smarter than most dogs (flame away). I have had a few great cats, seems that it takes several years to get another good one after loosing one. I think it really helps to spend lots of time with them when they are a kitten. 

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

I have been comforted by my 3 lady cats, Star, Smokey and Annabelle. They have been real close these past few days. I thought they just would hide. Thank you all for the kind words and stories. Now I know I am not alone.