Author Topic: BRNO 21 or 22 help please  (Read 6102 times)

Offline 5090sharps

BRNO 21 or 22 help please
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:12:22 PM »
Sorry my first post is for help.  :D

I have this post war BRNO that I am going to sell. I have had it for a few years, but Ihave never actually understood what it was with 100% certainty. What I am hoping for is the correct terminology to use to describe what I have in an ad.

The scope came with it and I saw reference that it was possible to order a rifle scope combo. Anyway to determine if the scope came with the rifle from the factory? I had a custom picatinny rail built to use with the original mounts and is detachable just like the original scope. The scope reticle is a Post. It is chambered in 8x57.

Thanks for any help!

Offline bobanddog

Re: BRNO 21 or 22 help please
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:31:49 PM »
That is one handsome rifle!  If it helps, I don't know if the scope was included from the factory, but it was certainly designed to work with those mounts, which in turn were clearly specific to that rifle.  I recently posted about finding an M21 and M22 at a local gun show and they were priced at $1,400 and $1,500 respectively.  Neither of them was a full stock rifle or included an original scope base and scope like yours.
"I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing."

Izaak Walton

Offline 5090sharps

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »
Thanks!

How do I determine if this is a 21f or 22f? I can't find anything to clearly define that. I have not seen any engraved like this either. Would one expect it to be original from the factory? The LOP IS 13 1/4 inches to the front trigger, which would seem a custom requested length as well.

Offline ZG47

• Firearms Safety Instructor, Target Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »
5090sharps

The Brno Model 21 is the half stock version. The Brno Model 22 is the full stock version with a slightly shorter barrel. There are no f or h suffixes in the model names. They were built on small ring actions from 1937-40 and 1946-50. It is my understanding that 46,000 of these rifles were built.

A factory-supplied scope would use standard mounts for the Models 21/22, colour-matched to the blacking of the action and would probably be of Czech origin. The scope in question appears to be an Ajack model, made in Germany, most probably fitted with either a 26mm or 33mm objective. The bases appear to be custom-made but there is nothing wrong with that. If they work, they work.

I hope this information helps you.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline 5090sharps

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »
Yes, thank you for your time!

The barrel length is 19 7/8 from the muzzle to the front of the receiver.

It is a model 22 then. I assume the 22F references I see is a non-official usage.

I think that is enough to start an auction. I have know idea of value, so it will be on GB as a penny start, no reserve auction. Should be interesting...

I sure am going to miss this little rifle. :-(

anything